How can I cast my Surface screen to TV using XBox One?

ScapegoatSarthak

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought the SP4 (yay for me!) and I have been wondering what is the process of setting up the wireless display for my XBO so that I can cast videos, etc. from my SP4 to the TV. Any idea, people?

Thanks in advance!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The wireless display preview app is only available to people in the XO preview and seeing as they seem to have stopped adding people I'd guess you have to wait till they launch the new dashboard on the 12th, though whether that functionality will still be offered is unclear as far as I know.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
This feature is coming in the upcoming TH2 release (scheduled for sometime in November). But if you're willing to join the Windows Insider Preivew program, you can test this feature now.

20151030094901.jpg

ryankelsey7

May 7, 2013
Visit site
There is a great way to this. I use this method and it works quite well.

What you need? Xbox one plugged into your tv, which I assume you already have. A Microsoft wireless display adapter. Plug the adapter into the input playthrough hdmi adapter on your XB1 and plug the usb power into one of the usb ports on the back of your XB1.

That's it. All you have to do is pair your SP4 with the display adapter and whalah.

you don't know how to use the wireless display feature in windows then just swipe in from the left and click on connect and choose the wireless display adapter that should appear after a few seconds. Make sure you have the xbox on hdmi in or tv mode. Then follow the instructions on screen.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So it will work with the latest TP on the existing Xbox One dashboard while in TV mode?

Have to wait for my son to finish Dying Light.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
We have tried casting a few times now and it sure has been rough around the edges. Sometimes it works but last night we were trying to stream a video to the Xbox one and couldn't get it

Eventually we gave up and did the old android phone to blue ray player, which was flawless and fuss free.

My son was able to launch and project to the YouTube app on the Xbox from YouTube on his android. Which seemed to work really well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12