Pro 4 Bed Mount

darknyght00

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
So far, I'm loving my new Pro 4. It totally replaces my old MBP and can even play games on reasonable settings (see the graphics thread for the caveats). My only semi-gripe is something I knew would be an issue moving from a laptop to a tablet with a kickstand. Part of my usage is browsing Imgur and reading email in bed and I cannot do this using the kickstand as it cannot provide a correct viewing angle. There are tablet mounts I've found on Amazon but I was hoping to see if this community had any experience or preference for anything of this sort. I can attach to the headboard but if I can find one long enough, I'd like to strap it to the bottom of the frame next to my networking cluster.

ryankelsey7

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean by not being able to get the right viewing angle since the kickstand has virtually unlimited angles, but I will just share my experience. While lying down I place it on my chest/belly with the kickstand at the appropriate angle. Works better than any tablet I ever owned that didn't have a stand.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
If you have an abundant amount of pillows (like all married guys seem to for some reason....) than you could use a pillow and the kickstand together to get a good viewing angle. That's what I've been doing...

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
When I'm laying down, I just fold the keyboard back and open the kickstand. The kickstand sitting on the keyboard provides some extra support from wobbling also as you navigate. Works perfect for me.

darknyght00

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Not bad ideas. I'm just used to sub-90 degree angles with my laptop but I'll give your suggestions a shot. The whole thing would be moot if I would just sit upright but I'm just too set in my ways

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes