Two Surface Pro 4 Died within a week!

Jinhui Liang

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
692ADED2-85CF-4242-ADB7-DE41693E6D05.png

Got the first one on Monday, died on Thursday night, won't turn on.

Swap for the second on Friday, died this morning, won't charge won't turn on.

Now it's the third one. My friend is getting his third surface pro 3 too. At least his surface lasted for a couple months.

Derman

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm halfway there...

I ordered an i5/256/16 and it needed to get reset (I went the MS Store), then had my IT guys load up everything for work and it never worked - hang ups, not reading the track pad, requiring random resets, etc. I took it back today and based on some comments on this forum and others, I'm trying an m core processor one.

We'll see if this one sticks...

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure you're not mistaking a lock up for "dead"? Some times you just need to force a hard reset by holding the power button down for 5-10 seconds, let go, then tap the power button again to boot.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my second sp4 - it tends to freeze or simply not start. I have a feeling it's the ssd they're using - I'm on the i7 16gb 512 with an Enterprise w10 package. At least the exchange has been seamless. I have a surface book here but the experience isn't that much better... I guess these devices were forced out to be in the wild before the thanksgiving rush... Good thing MSFT are being proactive about the updates!

Jinhui Liang

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
That sucks. Could be caused by power surges.
I've had more than a few gadgets get fried because of them.

I got a belkin surge protector for my desktop but I usually just plugged in where I want with the laptop. I was under the impression that surge won't harm devices with battery. But then again, I never have any issues with 4 years old macbook air or any other devices I had.

Jinhui Liang

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Update: So the third surface pro 4 seems to do well except for one thing: touch screen won't response sometime and I need to restart to get it fixed. Any thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion