Type Cover issues

photoguybrodie

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Came across an interesting issue earlier today... Normally restart and boot times on the SP4 are very quick, often times faster than my high powered desktop machine. However, it seems that if I have the type cover attached and flipped back under the device then wake from sleep, restart and cold boot times are atrociously long. On waking from sleep by pushing the power button, I will get a black screen for 15-20 seconds before I get to the lock screen. After typing in my pin, it thinks for a while before bringing up the start screen. After this, everything is responsive and works as normal. When restarting or cold booting, it hangs on the "Surface" screen for at least 30 seconds before I get the lock screen. Again this only happens when the type cover is attached and flipped under the device. Type cover detached, and type cover attached and flipped out for use all work normal. Is anyone here experiencing this as well?

Jubz

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Same exact experience here. I've found that when it hangs on bootup, detaching the typecover or flipping it around closing it then opening it, the boot sequence continues and I get the animated circle.

Ghostdad

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Ditto Ditto Ditto!

I get the surface logo with no circle thingy, detach and reattach cover and it starts progressing. FWIW I also have the issue where touchpad suddenly stops but everything else on keyboard an touchscreen works. Wonder if it's a keyboard cover problem, but in both cases reboot fixes it.

photoguybrodie

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Maybe it has something to do with going from desktop mode to tablet mode while the device is asleep. I haven't tried recreating the problem with tablet mode off. I have the touchpad issue as well. My guess would be that all of this is more of a firmware issue than an issue with the cover, but I have nothing to back that up, so who knows...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720