Limited WiFi Connection

orangesplease

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone experiencing limited wifi connectivity issues? Before the Nov 2 update, I was using wifi perfectly fine at home. After that, I would be able to connect to wifi, but would only get internet for perhaps 10 minutes of each hour. I swapped out my first SP4 (it was bricked after a soft reset) and am having that problem again. However, the limited connectivity problem seems to have to do with different wifi connections. I get limited wifi at home, it started out fine at work, but turned into limited. Now I'm at a wifi hotspot near my office where it's working fine. My roommates have no issue with the wifi.

Anyone have guidance on this? I followed the tips to change the setting from 1 to 0 for slow internet, but that's definitely not it. Anyone have this problem and/or find a solution to it? THANKS!

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Yea happens to me every time I resume from sleep.
I have to turn WiFi off and on or wait for it to refresh. The slow intent fix did help my streaming issue.

BCL_WA

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I haven't experienced this with the Surface 4 but I had this a lot with the Dell Venue pro 11. The compatibility between the wifi card in the Surface and your Router could be introducing this problem. This is long shot, but have your upgraded your router firmware? I'm thinking it's your router considering you're not having issues when connected to your friends wifi network; however you state it worked before the 11/2 update - puzzling.

Other ideas might be we switch between the b, g,n networks to see if the problem goes away. In addition I think you should have a setting for choosing the 5Ghz or 2.5?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs