Best Way to Wake Screen w/o Keyboard (Computer isn't in Sleep or Hybernate, Just Turning Off Screen)

WildKarrde

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
So, turns out not having the capacitive windows button can be rather annoying after all. I often use by device in tablet mode for OneNote, or to reference Excel documents. To preserve my battery life, I of course have the screen turn off rather quickly, but as I found today, it's a complete pain in the butt to turn back on without the keyboard. Touching the screen with my finger or stylus does nothing, hitting the volume rocker does nothing, and hitting the power button puts the Surface in hybernate mode!

How do you turn your device screen back on without the keyboard attached?

WildKarrde

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
(Computer isn't in Sleep or Hybernate, Just Turning Off Screen)
I don't want to turn the device on, the device is already on. I need a way to turn the screen back on. Hitting the power button turns the machine off, since it is already on.

Devhux

Feb 4, 2008
Visit site
My Surface Pro 4 just turns on the screen when I press the power button (if the screen is off and the unit is running).

No clue why yours is going to sleep, unless you've specifically told it to do so in your Power settings.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I did tell it to go into hibernate mode when I hit the power button. So I guess it's probably going into hibernate, not sleep.

Do not use hibernate ever its inefficient (you are paging all contents of ram to ssd wearing it out and reloading it) . Either sleep (select) , connected sleep (normal shutdown) or off (Hold power button 20-30 seconds)

Last edited by a moderator:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Do not use hibernate ever its inefficient (you are paging all contents of ram to ssd wearing it out and reloading it) . Either sleep (select) , connected sleep (normal shutdown) or off (Hold power button 20-30 seconds)

lol what?
I have disabled instant go and use hibernate just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786