SP3 to SP4: is it worth the upgrade?

Drayk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm rocking a SP3, i7, 256gb SSD with 8gb ram and I absolutely love it! It gets a little warm at times but I can live with that. I just can't find a compelling reason the upgrade to the SP4. I got the SP4 type cover & pen, so I have those benefits.
I'd love to hear from those of you who made the switch, why you made it and was it really an advantageous move.
Thanks in advance.

Drayk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the same as you. I will keep it. The trade in program is a joke

Does your machine get noticeably warm in the upper right corner? I've discovered this is pretty typical for an i7 SP3. It makes sense

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Does your machine get noticeably warm in the upper right corner? I've discovered this is pretty typical for an i7 SP3. It makes sense

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

It does sometimes. Now is a little better ater I removed the desktop running apps like skype

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Its probably not worth it to you , it was to me since I was coming from a nice but non-touch laptop. Since you decked out the SP3 I seriosly doubt you will see much improvement in the SP4..other than the obvious "Hello" and better pen/screen/type-cover. You'd likely be mostly there just upgrading the type cover and perhaps the pen. Apart from the screen and somewhat better cpu (assuming the same i7)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb