Terrible battery life of surface pro 4 - do you agree?

DDCosta

Aug 25, 2019
Visit site
My Pro4 gives me at best 2.5 hours with everything dialled down or off, making the device rather pointless. I spent so much on it i have to love it! talk about misleading buyers with no apology the surface pro is a good case study.

Andreas

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft messed up the latest updates totally, was also getting 5-6 hours of light usage but that all vanished after the latest updates, it is now struggeling to get past 3 hours.

Ive tried to recover by downloading the .ZIP from Microsoft to get me back to 1703, it then updates to 1803. Trouble is it wont update to 1803 2019-07C because it stalls during preparation. It's been sitting at 98% all day. It's such a mess.

rocketboy

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had excellent battery from my SP4 since I got it in 2015. But in the last few weeks it's definitely dropped to half what it was after 1903. I've run battery reports and the battery is still supposed by supplying 6-7+ hours even after all these years since it's a secondary computer for me.

Perhaps not so coincidentally, Windows Hello has become worse after recent updates. Sometimes the camera doesn't start and other times it takes a long time to recognize me if it does so at all. Stumbled on an old blog post last night where shutting down Windows Hello was recommended as a way to resolve battery drains on SP4. I tried this and it seems to be better. I'm currently at 53% and the Windows estimate is 3 hours 10 minutes. That matches what I think should be the total battery life of the fully charged machine. It's only been one day and I'm not using it for much more than casual web browsing and PDF reading so I can't say for sure if this is a fix but it's worth a try.

What I really want back is the lightning fast Windows Hello login I used to get and normal battery life without any work arounds!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett