Why did my screen rotation stop working on my Surface Pro 4?

Teacrot

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
why did my screen rotation stop working on my Surface Pro 4?

I'm having an annoying issue with the keyboard stopping working when disconnect and reconnect- I've figured out how to fix this, but now my screen auto rotate doesn't work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: why did my screen rotation stop working on my Surface Pro 4?

Screen rotation is tied to whether the keyboard is connected. The easiest way to fix it is to reboot the system. Otherwise, disconnect the keyboard, reconnect the keyboard, and then disconnect the keyboard (if you want to use it in portrait like a tablet).

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

f the screen does not auto-rotate, the auto-rotation setting may be locked in one position. Here?s how to unlock it:

Step 1: Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, or select Action center Notification icon in taskbar in the taskbar.
Step 2: If Rotation lock is undimmed, auto-rotation is locked. Select Rotation lock to unlock auto-rotation11d238f7-0e84-44b4-a35e-652474a738a0.png11d238f7-0e84-44b4-a35e-652474a738a0.png

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

Try Settings/Notifications and Actions and there on the top you should have a Choose your quick actions with four icons. Make one Rotation lock and see if it comes back.

Teacrot

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site

i don't have that option either - it's like since the last update, it's gone.

Teacrot

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site

Found this which has returned the icon to quick settings but it is grayed out and I can't "unlock" it. The following key was set to 0. I changed it to 1 and rebooted. The Quick Action button and its functionality returned.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation\SensorPresent

Teacrot

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site

That seems to have fixed the issue- once i disconnect the keyboard, it rotates as it is suppose to. However, every time i disconnect the keyboard and reconnect, the keyboard doesn't work. hate that bug :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion