Bought the Surface Pro 4 today. (An upgrade from Surface Pro 2)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Won't the apps run faster from the internal hard disk? I thought it will be best to save documents and excel files in my microSD so that I can transfer than easier. I will also put the photos, videos and MP3.

WIll use the internal hard disk for install programs.

Yes, they would and just letting you know that it's an option.

If did want to utilise that option, make sure it is at least a class10 card :).

MCube74

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, they would and just letting you know that it's an option.

If did want to utilise that option, make sure it is at least a class10 card :).
I see.

My microSd is a class 10 but only at 48mb/s. This is an old microSD which I bought last year.

Now there faster ones in the market. I feel the one I have is good enough to use for storage.

rocketboy

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Have you had any of the issues that others have described here (e.g. display crashes, battery, keyboard cover vs. booting)? I'm still wanting to move up to the SP4 but don't want to got through that hassle.

MCube74

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Like all my devices. I have put 3M protection film on the Surface Pro 4. I went with a "Crystal Clear - Carbon Fiber" film. I did the same for my iPhone 6s Plus.1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG

MCube74

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Are there actual holes in the skin or does the apertures have to look through the skin? You should have actual holes.
The holes were done by the lady at the shop. She had put 3M skin for my Surface Pro 2. Well at that time I had put an ordinary Crystal clear 3M skin.

MCube74

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys using an external DVD writer or an external Bluray writer?

I have an external dvd writer which I bought 2 years ago. Will probably continue using it.IMG_3331.JPG

WildKarrde

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I only use external DVD drives now for reloading Windows. I was hesitant when software vendors started moving towards digital distribution, but now I cant remember the last time I bought a physical copy of anything but PS4 games.

MCube74

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Today I picked up a Sandisk 200GB microSD card for my Surface Pro 4.

I will use it for storing photos, videos, MP3, Office Documents and "other files".

IMG_3458.JPG

MCube74

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Today I bought the Urban Armor Gear Cobalt case for my Surface Pro 4.

It is a pretty good case and does make the Surface Pro heavier but boy does it give some protection. Feels very solid.

Once you use this case you probably won't need a carrying pouch as it is good enough already. The case was a tight fit though and did cause some problem for my glass screen protector at one corner but I think it will be fine. Overall the case is pretty good.

I like the pen holder on the top. Now I know where I can put the pen when I am using the surface as a tablet.

Also I can give my 4 year old daughter my Surface Pro 4 to play and draw around. I was worried what if she dropped my Surface Pro. Now with this new case, I can relax a bit and let my daughter have some fun, too.1.JPG2.JPG8.JPG9.JPG10.JPG12.JPG14.JPG

Last edited:

MCube74

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Because of my new UAG Cobalt Case, which made my Surface Pro 4 more bulky, I had to go back to the shop and change the pouch for the second time. Lol. I received a final exchange warning. So this case will have to be the one.

It seems slightly big on one side but at least I can put my Surface Pro 4 in it easily. The previous 11.6" pouch was too small. It was fine without the UAG case.

Anyway, I changed to a case which matched the color of my UAG Cobalt Case and the keyboard cover. The case is water proof so when I carry it to a business meeting on a rainy day, it should not be a problem. It also feels comfortable to hold. 3.JPG6.JPG8.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa