Hi sp4 fans,

I bought the i5, 8G version of the sp4 and was so happy about it since it seems to be the most reasonable configuration you can get.

Then I tried some casual gaming such as Hearthstone, guess what, the fan just don't stop blowing once you start the game and it was so annoying that I turned it back. I just expected to have the same experience playing this game like on any other mobile devices without any noices while chilling in my bed.
    Also worth to mention, the sp4 seems has some scaling issues that e.g. can't display the battlenet client correctly (the interface of bnet are so small that u can barely recognize the alphabet), to be fair, the fan would not get any louder while playing diablo 3, but still it was annoying.

That brings me to the core m3 version, my main usage would be watching streams, playing Hearthstone maybe a little diablo 3, office works, presentations, matlab and doing some drawings.

Do you guys think the core m3, 4gb version would be capable to do it?

And btw I did see some people mention the lenovo ideapad miix 700, seems to be a similar device with faster cpu (core m7), 8gb and 2 usb slots, maybe it's a better option?
    Thanks in advance
    Brownartist
    11-20-2015 03:52 AM
    I think diablo should run on the m3 too, depends what settings you use. I don't remember it being such a demanding game. For the small text, I think you have to right-click the shortcut you use to launch the game and somewhere in there there should be a box to check that says disable high DPI scaling or something similar.
    11-20-2015 05:40 AM
    I think diablo should run on the m3 too, depends what settings you use. I don't remember it being such a demanding game. For the small text, I think you have to right-click the shortcut you use to launch the game and somewhere in there there should be a box to check that says disable high DPI scaling or something similar.
    Ah great, I will keep that in mind!
    11-20-2015 06:59 AM
    And btw I did see some people mention the lenovo ideapad miix 700, seems to be a similar device with faster cpu (core m7), 8gb and 2 usb slots, maybe it's a better option?
    Thanks in advance
    Brownartist
    The Miix 700 looks good on paper, but it's not released yet so it's difficult to know for sure. Also I cannot find any release date for it.

Disadvantages I can see on paper:
    1. No Windows Hello
    2. Potentially no active screen digitizer (not 100% sure on this one)
    3. Pen not included

Advantages I can see on paper
    1. Available in fanless/8gb/128Gb
    2. Two USB ports
    3. Keyboard included
    11-20-2015 07:14 AM
    The Miix 700 looks good on paper, but it's not released yet so it's difficult to know for sure. Also I cannot find any release date for it.

Disadvantages I can see on paper:
    1. No Windows Hello
    2. Potentially no active screen digitizer (not 100% sure on this one)

Advantages I can see on paper
    1. Available in fanless/8gb/128Gb
    2. Two USB ports
    3. Keyboard included
    Seems like I have to wait longer >.<
    11-20-2015 07:19 AM
    Seems like I have to wait longer >.<
    Apparently is was released in the US but sold out very quickly. I hear it's $899 for the m5/8Gb/128Gb version which includes the keyboard but not the pen. With Surface you would get m3/4Gb/128Gb which includes pen but no keyboard for the same price
    11-20-2015 07:24 AM
    Apparently is was released in the US but sold out very quickly. I hear it's $899 for the m5/8Gb/128Gb version which includes the keyboard but not the pen. With Surface you would get m3/4Gb/128Gb which includes pen but no keyboard for the same price
    Looks like there is no active pen support for the miix.
    11-20-2015 10:12 AM
    Diablo should be fine. Blizzard titles usually don't require the most cutting edge hardware to get good visuals. However any title is going to perform worse than the i5. The m3 is just a weaker processor overall.
    11-20-2015 12:34 PM
    Hi sp4 fans,

I bought the i5, 8G version of the sp4 and was so happy about it since it seems to be the most reasonable configuration you can get.

Then I tried some casual gaming such as Hearthstone, guess what, the fan just don't stop blowing once you start the game and it was so annoying that I turned it back. I just expected to have the same experience playing this game like on any other mobile devices without any noices while chilling in my bed.
    Also worth to mention, the sp4 seems has some scaling issues that e.g. can't display the battlenet client correctly (the interface of bnet are so small that u can barely recognize the alphabet), to be fair, the fan would not get any louder while playing diablo 3, but still it was annoying.

That brings me to the core m3 version, my main usage would be watching streams, playing Hearthstone maybe a little diablo 3, office works, presentations, matlab and doing some drawings.

Do you guys think the core m3, 4gb version would be capable to do it?

Thanks in advance
    Brownartist
    The S3 plays HS just fine for about $300 less.
    11-21-2015 01:06 PM
    Haha, I played Hearthstone on my Surface Pro 2 (i5) xD. It did it just fine. I'm fairly certain that the SP3 and any SP4 should be able to as well...

I just wish Blizzard updated their darn launcher with larger fonts to be able to login more easily!
    Brownartist likes this.
    11-21-2015 02:09 PM
    Haha, I played Hearthstone on my Surface Pro 2 (i5) xD. It did it just fine. I'm fairly certain that the SP3 and any SP4 should be able to as well...

I just wish Blizzard updated their darn launcher with larger fonts to be able to login more easily!
    Yeah, Hearthstone is the best game for a tablet!
    I had problems with the launcher too, but someone wrote that you can adjust the fonts, gotta try it out.
    I am waiting for another week to get a m3
    11-21-2015 03:17 PM