Just trying to understand the benefit of having the pen. What can it be used for? Is it just for artists etc or is there a benefit for normal users?
    11-20-2015 06:35 AM
    Depends what you consider normal users. I use it for taking notes, making sketches etc. It is basically the most used feature of my surface.
    920Walker likes this.
    11-20-2015 06:41 AM
    Crossword, drawing, sketching and painting , One Note (clipping content and dropping it in) , marking up PP, Marking up clipped photos..... Open Cortana.
    11-20-2015 08:57 AM
    Depends what you consider normal users. I use it for taking notes, making sketches etc. It is basically the most used feature of my surface.
    Same here, I really don't use paper anymore. Everything I need to write is written on my surface, if people need me to sign a document, I tell them to email it to me, I sign it, and email it back. Sometimes I use it just to avoid fingerprints on the screen.
    11-20-2015 08:58 AM
    I really don't use it much personally. I tried using it for note taking and I think my hand writing speed is too slow to make it more convenient than just typing. Plus my handwriting on the screen sucks, so I typically use the hand-writing to text keyboard to convert it easily as a write.
    11-20-2015 09:05 AM
    I find it useful on noteflight.com. It feels better than using a mouse.
    11-20-2015 11:28 AM
    Taking notes is super easy with OneNote and the pen. I wish I had it while I was still in the university... Haha. But now I use it for drawing, taking some notes here and there. A lot of times I write on screen shots to be able to better explain what I want people to do. My brother doesn't understand anything about technology, so I often take screenshots and circle where he needs to press. I love my pen!

I got my SP4 yesterday, and coming from the SP2, there is a huge difference in pen quality... Haha. I feel like I can paint like Bob Ross! xD
    11-20-2015 11:52 AM
    Well, I made what I thought was a kinda cool poem parody about it, but the forums won't let me post it, saying it's spam, so I'll just say I use the pen for everything.
    11-20-2015 06:07 PM
    I'm a contractor & I use mine for things like:
    -Take a screenshot of an electronic blueprint (PDF), mark it up and email it off.
    -An architect can send me a doc, ask a question and I can mark that up as well
    -Draw a profile of custom metal items I need and email it off to my fabricator
    Pretty much anything to scan & email I do owith my surface/pen
    John M Beauchemin likes this.
    11-20-2015 07:53 PM