Microsoft ever release a public statement about the issues? From my research, only the i5 models are having the big issues. Have they released any statements about it? My 30 day period is about to run out and i'm thinking of returning it. This does what i bought it for AMAZINGLY but, only when the thing is working.
    11-21-2015 09:38 AM
    Microsoft ever release a public statement about the issues? From my research, only the i5 models are having the big issues. Have they released any statements about it? My 30 day period is about to run out and i'm thinking of returning it. This does what i bought it for AMAZINGLY but, only when the thing is working.
    Told everyone do no get the "mass market" i5's

Only solid choices are M3 or i7
    11-21-2015 10:10 AM
    Told everyone do no get the "mass market" i5's

Only solid choices are M3 or i7
    I wish I did better research before I bought this. I got my SP4 on the student discount so i'm not sure if i could exchange it for the i7 + cash on my side but I'm going to try and give Microsoft a call and see if it's possible. Do you think the i7 8 GB of ram is working fine?

This is killing me:
    -Takes 30 seconds-1 minute to turn the screen one when it idles for too long (like reading a textbook)
    -Takes 2 plus minute boot without screen on
    -Programs are randomly closing on me
    -Battery Life sucks
    -Runs way too hot when only one program is open (even with just OneNote open)
    11-21-2015 10:27 AM
    Is the i7 out in the US? Here in Spain only the m3 and i5/4/128 is out.

I'm fairly certain that it'll get ironed out. I don't remember the laws in the US, but if this doesn't get fixed, under European trade law you'd be able to return it pretty much whenever you want because it doesn't work as they advertised or the issues are too serious.

Regardless, I wouldn't bet on MS fixing something... EVER. MS or any brand! If the device is buggy from the get go, return it. If you're not in a rush, wait for it to work and then buy it. But in all honesty, it's a PC, they'll release drivers and updates... If this were a phone or Android tablet, I'd return it right away. Those things get forgotten relatively quickly. The SP4 is here to stay for a while - seeing its a full blown PC and windows will support their own hardware for a long time.
    11-21-2015 11:40 AM
    I guess i'm one of the lucky few that my machine works without the popular bugs. The only bug I had was the camera not working properly, but now that's fixed. The only other thing was the autorotate was changed after the big update but I fixed that too. The only thing that's different really now is when i first got it, i could use my pen to scroll a web page where now it won't. It will only scroll if I press the pen to the scroll bar of a page. All in all, I love this thing. It's beautiful, fast, and very mobile. I'm sorry other's aren't having such success. Good luck y'all.
    11-21-2015 03:59 PM
    It doesn't look like the i7 is immune to video driver issues. I had Chrome crash on me (on this forum) and also had a BSOD while watching YouTube with Edge...
    11-21-2015 04:27 PM
    You never can tell who works for Google/apple on this site.

Just return the damn devices and get on with life. There were initial issues with the Pro 1, 2, Pro 3 and now pro 4. Drivers will eventually resolve issues so... wait, or return.
    11-21-2015 04:43 PM
    This is killing me:
    -Takes 30 seconds-1 minute to turn the screen one when it idles for too long (like reading a textbook)
    -Battery Life sucks

Sorry but I simply do not believe you ESPECIALLY about the time taken to boot. If this is happening it's either defective, hence return it, or you've installed some rubbish like Chrome.

Currently using the Core M SP4. There are issues but not with speed.
    11-21-2015 04:47 PM
    Sorry but I simply do not believe you ESPECIALLY about the time taken to boot. If this is happening it's either defective, hence return it, or you've installed some rubbish like Chrome.

Currently using the Core M SP4. There are issues but not with speed.
    Sorry, but I simply do not believe that you're not having speed issues with your Core M SP4. That's how ridiculous you sound. Just because you're not having these issues doesn't mean every one else's complaint is untrue.

Sometimes the vibe on this site is worse than MacRumors or TheVerge.
    11-21-2015 06:06 PM
    Sorry, but I simply do not believe that you're not having speed issues with your Core M SP4. That's how ridiculous you sound. Just because you're not having these issues doesn't mean every one else's complaint is untrue.

Sometimes the vibe on this site is worse than MacRumors or TheVerge.
    Have you ever tried a M3 SP4? I have it as its as fast as my sons SP3i5 I run them side by side..so when he says speed is not an issue...he's right

Not like anyone will notice the SP4 being any faster than the M3 they both fly...both are "Pro"
    11-21-2015 06:11 PM
    I wish I did better research before I bought this. I got my SP4 on the student discount so i'm not sure if i could exchange it for the i7 + cash on my side but I'm going to try and give Microsoft a call and see if it's possible. Do you think the i7 8 GB of ram is working fine?

This is killing me:
    -Battery Life sucks
    I have an i5 device and it's pretty damn stable. If I had any of the issues you described in that list (besides the battery life one), I'd return it.

There is a new beta Intel driver available as well. I installed that and I'm hoping that it might fix the GPU usage during sleep. We'll see in a bit ...
    11-21-2015 06:27 PM
    The i7 model as I have read has the same issues like most of the i5 models are having. It is just that there are more people with i5 model so we feel i5 model is the worst.
    11-21-2015 07:03 PM
    The i7 model as I have read has the same issues like most of the i5 models are having. It is just that there are more people with i5 model so we feel i5 model is the worst.
    That's right! And not only there are fewer i7 units, but they haven't even been around for too long. And it takes time to reproduce all the problems. I've got mine on Thursday, and only today (Saturday) I've seen the first browser crash. On the i5 model I didn't see it too often either. Both have been relatively stable for me lately.
    11-21-2015 07:32 PM
    I had the early Intel driver crashes while browsing. I now use Edge almost exclusively and haven't had a crash or blip or freeze for days.
    I can't attribute it to any one thing, but I feel like the host file (ad block entries) took a huge burden off Edge. It's very fast (LTE hotspot IS my internet) and a much better experience than it was just a couple of weeks ago.

My buggy I5/8/256 is now as stable as my SP2 and ASUS desktop. Very impressed with it.
    m4600 likes this.
    11-21-2015 11:44 PM
    I did notice that the boot time is significantly longer with the keyboard folded back (as was previous reported) but I have no issues with my sp4 i5 otherwise.
    11-22-2015 10:10 AM
    I feel like the host file (ad block entries) took a huge burden off Edge.
    I am going to try that! Great suggestion!
    Even when Edge is not crashing, it seems to be working too hard, consuming too much CPU. And I suspect that dynamic ads are partially responsible for that.
    11-22-2015 10:14 AM
    All you have to do is tell Microsoft the product is not fit for purpose (its not) and you will get a refund....I got a full refund on a second surface pro 2 TWO YEARS after the release of the product as I knew there was a tiny hardware issue. If there is an issue you are entitled to a full refund no matter the 14 day or 30 day return policy.
    11-22-2015 05:04 PM
    All you have to do is tell Microsoft the product is not fit for purpose (its not) and you will get a refund....I got a full refund on a second surface pro 2 TWO YEARS after the release of the product as I knew there was a tiny hardware issue. If there is an issue you are entitled to a full refund no matter the 14 day or 30 day return policy.
    That's what I've been saying! If they advertise this device to do something and it doesn't, or it is continually causing problems, you have a right to a refund.
    11-22-2015 05:20 PM
    Oddest thread here. No mention of 'the issues' themselves. Only things I heard were buggy drivers which will get fixed over a few months.
    11-23-2015 07:58 AM
    Oddest thread here. No mention of 'the issues' themselves. Only things I heard were buggy drivers which will get fixed over a few months.
    It's safe to assume OP's post is in reference to the loads of comments throughout this forum in general. Plus it takes less than 20 seconds to search OP's post activity and find that they've already started another thread stating an issue, http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...o-minutes.html ---- so nothing odd about this thread.
    11-23-2015 09:32 AM
    It's safe to assume OP's post is in reference to the loads of comments throughout this forum in general. Plus it takes less than 20 seconds to search OP's post activity and find that they've already started another thread stating an issue, http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...o-minutes.html ---- so nothing odd about this thread.
    OP thread post barely says anything about issues.
    11-23-2015 11:01 AM