Screen Resolution - small text

sadievan

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Curious to what others have their text/app size and resolution set to. I haven't changed the resolution but I have upped the text/app size to 225%.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I tried 225% for a little while, It made Edge much more user friendly, but I hated how large it made the tiles on the full screen start menu. So I've reverted to the default (200% I think).

I'm not sure, but I think that also changes your screen resolution. If not how did you do that?

You change the scaling --- under Settings >> Display, you'll see "Change the size of text, app, and other items". This is necessary for screens with resolutions higher than 1080p [1920 x 1080] or if your eyes aren't so great! Without it everything would be really tiny on screen. Basically it upscales your text and apps without changing the resolution of the overall system --- so everything remains super crisp and sharp using the 2736 x 1824 resolution.

sadievan

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I tried 225% for a little while, It made Edge much more user friendly, but I hated how large it made the tiles on the full screen start menu. So I've reverted to the default (200% I think).

This is necessary for screens with resolutions higher than 1080p [1920 x 1080] or if your eyes aren't so great! Without it everything would be really tiny on screen.

Exactly my problem at my age. Some of the text is sooo tiny. LOL

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3