04-20-2018 05:02 AM
45 12
tools
    Is anyone using an Anti Glare screen protector on their SP4?

The glare from this device really bothers me at time.
    11-24-2015 05:47 PM
    Bumpp
    11-25-2015 05:09 PM
    Bumpp
    No one is using it... why are you bothered by glare? There hardly is any on my screen.
    11-25-2015 06:13 PM
    No one is using it... why are you bothered by glare? There hardly is any on my screen.
    What do you mean why?? I can see my self in the screen :|

It's like a mirror.
    11-25-2015 07:32 PM
    Same problem here. Would love a recommendation on antiglare screen protector.
    11-25-2015 07:38 PM
    What do you mean why?? I can see my self in the screen :|

It's like a mirror.
    Weird mine is perfect no seeing me at any angle.
    11-25-2015 09:37 PM
    Weird mine is perfect no seeing me at any angle.
    In what lighting conditions?
    11-25-2015 10:11 PM
    In what lighting conditions?
    All that I use... under florescent, under LED or with lamp to the side
    11-26-2015 12:37 AM
    I'm at the kitchen table, window behind me, low amount of light from the window, yet I see my reflection.

PS. I just ordered this anti-glare screen protector. I'll report back how well it works. I buy the same brands for my phone, so I expect it should do well. Amazon.com: iLLumiShield - Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Screen Protector / Anti-Glare (Matte) HD Clear Film / Anti-Bubble & Anti-Fingerprint / Japanese Invisible Shield + Lifetime Warranty - [2-Pack]: Computers & Accessories
    11-26-2015 09:56 AM
    Anti glare screen protectors, while doing what they advertise, ruin the picture. Yes I get some glare on my screen, but there is no way I am ruining the image quality put out by that gorgeous screen.

I usually just adjust the angle, turn off a light, or sit at a different spot in the room.
    11-26-2015 10:48 AM
    Anti glare screen protectors, while doing what they advertise, ruin the picture. Yes I get some glare on my screen, but there is no way I am ruining the image quality put out by that gorgeous screen.

I usually just adjust the angle, turn off a light, or sit at a different spot in the room.
    I know what is with these people who want to cover everything Skin it, Ar film whatever even before using the device for a week..its a joke. Reminds me of people who put crap on their cars.

Just use the device and be happy for once in your life people.
    I don't get it at all..its a $1000 device assume they did it correctly and anything you do will MAKE IT WORSE
    They know better than YOU
    11-26-2015 01:31 PM
    I know what is with these people who want to cover everything Skin it, Ar film whatever even before using the device for a week..its a joke. Reminds me of people who put crap on their cars.

Just use the device and be happy for once in your life people.
    I don't get it at all..its a $1000 device assume they did it correctly and anything you do will MAKE IT WORSE
    They know better than YOU
    Ive had this device since it was released
    11-26-2015 07:41 PM
    I've always custom ordered my laptops and got a matte screen. It's not about aesthetics...the glossy glare causes me headaches. I put a matte screen protector on almost all devices for that reason.
    ttsoldier likes this.
    11-28-2015 11:19 AM
    I've always custom ordered my laptops and got a matte screen. It's not about aesthetics...the glossy glare causes me headaches. I put a matte screen protector on almost all devices for that reason.
    Hello there. I wonder if you received your matte protector and applied it. If you have the plastic tips, can you check if the protector gives it a paper feel when using the pen?
    11-30-2015 02:24 PM
    Got them yesterday, and put it on today. They work great, fit perfect, and were easy to install.

I just have the normal Surface Pen. The pen still works. Its slightly different in that the pen doesn't slide on the screen quite as easily as it did when directly on the glass of the screen. I would say previously, without the screen protector, it felt like writing on a white board (little to no friction, almost slick), and with the screen protector, its more like pen and paper (a bit more friction, not slick). Hope that helps,
    ttsoldier likes this.
    12-09-2015 07:27 PM
    Want to bump this up
    RohanRonQM likes this.
    04-21-2016 05:52 AM
    This is what I used- I like it. The glare killed me as well. This is actually on sale from when I got it too.

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Shield-Micr...pUvbUpU3469965
    04-24-2016 09:48 AM
    This is what I used- I like it. The glare killed me as well. This is actually on sale from when I got it too.

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Shield-Micr...pUvbUpU3470414
    Is is really anti glare?

How is the touch sensitivity?

What about pen input?
    04-24-2016 11:37 PM
    I like it but it does get fingerprints (the only downside for me). Touch for works fine, no issues. Pen, works well too and maybe even a bit better than without as the film adds a bit of resistance as if writing on paper (not as much but better than bare glass). Finally, for $8 (free shipping with Prime), if you didn't like it, you could take it off and not have wasted a wad of cash. I've had the same one on my screen since I got the tablet the month it was released.
    ttsoldier and hamidparham like this.
    04-26-2016 08:02 PM
    I like it but it does get fingerprints (the only downside for me). Touch for works fine, no issues. Pen, works well too and maybe even a bit better than without as the film adds a bit of resistance as if writing on paper (not as much but better than bare glass). Finally, for $8 (free shipping with Prime), if you didn't like it, you could take it off and not have wasted a wad of cash. I've had the same one on my screen since I got the tablet the month it was released.
    Thanks. Ordered.
    04-27-2016 02:08 AM

eh. meh. its ok. Still getting some glare. Not 100% what I expected. But hey, for the price, what can I say?
    04-30-2016 08:56 AM
    This is what I use. Anti glare, but doesn't have the graininess that a lot of them have. I could not detect any difference in Pen sensitivity, and it feels a *little* closer to paper with the rougher surface. I like it.

Amazon.co.jp? Surface Pro 4 ? ???????? ??? ???? ?????? TBF-SFP15FLH: ?????????
    Don't know if it's available outside of Japan.
    I 100% agree with your issues. I hate how reflective screens nowadays are, watch Game of Thrones on it and you're looking at your face the entire time :p
    05-02-2016 02:34 AM
    This is what I use. Anti glare, but doesn't have the graininess that a lot of them have. I could not detect any difference in Pen sensitivity, and it feels a *little* closer to paper with the rougher surface. I like it.

Amazon.co.jp? Surface Pro 4 ? ???????? ??? ???? ?????? TBF-SFP15FLH: ?????????
    Don't know if it's available outside of Japan.
    I 100% agree with your issues. I hate how reflective screens nowadays are, watch Game of Thrones on it and you're looking at your face the entire time :p
    Unfortunately that link just takes me to amazon japan and I can't read Japanese :(

*sigh*
    05-02-2016 07:52 AM
    Bump!!
    05-09-2016 08:02 PM
    to the top!
    05-16-2016 04:56 PM
45 12