Love My SP4 Just 2 Issues Maybe Someone Can help with

richardn34

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I love my surface and turned it into my primary device but I have been having 2 main issues so far. Maybe there's a fix I don't know about as I'm not too windows savvy.

1. I did the registry hack to enable hibernate and created a power saver plan which I completely tweaked for battery life optimization (battery life has improved dramatically), however, whenever I turn my surface on from hibernate, the wifi doesn't work. I need to put the surface into airplane mode and then back, or turn off wifi and turn it back on to get it connected again.

2. This one is embarrassing, I don't know why, but when I plug my headphones in to watch youtube or listen to music sometimes it will work and sometimes it'll play it through the speakers instead of the headphones. I'm not sure why it isn't seamless. I need to mess around with the speaker setting's usually to get it to work. Being a 30yr old male I now have to be careful about playing my Madonna and Belinda Carlisle music on my surface when in public :unhappy:

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Well, I can't really help about problem 1. But in regards to problem 2, I've noticed that connected my PC to a projector, and then plugging in speakers, I've seen that sometimes if the video / audio has already started, Windows doesn't know what to do with the audio... To keep going through the speakers or the headphones. But if there is nothing playing, and I plug in the external speakers (or your case, headphones) then the audio should come out through the headphones / external speakers.

richardn34

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well, I can't really help about problem 1. But in regards to problem 2, I've noticed that connected my PC to a projector, and then plugging in speakers, I've seen that sometimes if the video / audio has already started, Windows doesn't know what to do with the audio... To keep going through the speakers or the headphones. But if there is nothing playing, and I plug in the external speakers (or your case, headphones) then the audio should come out through the headphones / external speakers.

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind & try to make sure to plug in the headphones prior to starting the media. Hopefully that'll do it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs