Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter & Surface Pro 4

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How many of you use your Surface Pro 4 with a MWDA? How is the performance?

Since I got my MWDA it disconnects alot. It's really hard to tell if anything at all triggers it. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it disconnects.

I have tried it on three different televisions. Sadly, I do not have another MWDA or Surface Pro 4 Laying around.

SP4 is as up to date as can be and so is the firmware on the MWDA.

I have even seen it disconnect once and make the tv unresponsive. I was unable to turn the tv on or off with the remote. I had to disconnect the device it self.

How does your MWDA work on your Sp4?

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
How many of you use your Surface Pro 4 with a MWDA? How is the performance?

Since I got my MWDA it disconnects alot. It's really hard to tell if anything at all triggers it. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it disconnects.

I have tried it on three different televisions. Sadly, I do not have another MWDA or Surface Pro 4 Laying around.

SP4 is as up to date as can be and so is the firmware on the MWDA.

I have even seen it disconnect once and make the tv unresponsive. I was unable to turn the tv on or off with the remote. I had to disconnect the device it self.

How does your MWDA work on your Sp4?

Mine works fine...sometimes no sound, a reset of the dongle always fixes it..once connected its solid as can be. Love it.

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
It works like magic with my 950XL and my Windows 10 HP tablet but with my laptop also on windows 10 it can't connect.... Keeps giving error... How do you do the firmware update?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It works like magic with my 950XL and my Windows 10 HP tablet but with my laptop also on windows 10 it can't connect.... Keeps giving error... How do you do the firmware update?

With the microsoft wireless display adapter app on your pc.

But you will need to connect to it first

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just left the SP4 Connected to the MWDA for about two hours, idle. It was fine , did not disconnect.

Based on this and other scenarios where i've used the MWDA for some web browsing.... it seems that the disconnection only occurs when watching movies.

i use VLC for windows or Movies & TV to watch movies. Using these apps cause the MWDA to disconnect. This is 99% of the reason I bought the MWDA in the first place.... I'm sure this is a driver problem...

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
10.0.10586.0 and 6/21/2006 on Miracast V2

I've come to realise that watching movies is what is causing the adapter to disconnect .

If i leave the surface pro connecting and just do some web browsing or even leave it idle.. it does not disconnect. Had it connected for up to three hours..

My disconnect scenarios are happening when i play videos on my SP4. The files are stored on the surface and played using VLC Store or Movies and tv.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
That setting is fine. Like i said. It only disconnects when i'm playing movies off the SP4.

By "fine"... Do you have both plugged in and on battery set to more than 2 hours (For turn off display) on your in use power plan? Try Never turn off.

IF not..try doing exactly that and report back results. I get it disconnects whole playing movies, trying to help you troubleshoot.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
By "fine"... Do you have both plugged in and on battery set to more than 2 hours (For turn off display) on your in use power plan? Try Never turn off.

IF not..try doing exactly that and report back results. I get it disconnects whole playing movies, trying to help you troubleshoot.

Yes. It is set to never turn off when plugged in.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs