where can I get an extra charger for the Surface Pro 4?

alank73

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I went to 3 different stores and none sell them. What were they thinking? My charger works but I can see that with time this one is going to get lot of wear and tear where it plugs to the unit. Microsoft should had thought of selling them separately in case users need one.

Terb

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Also waiting for someone to chim in here. Would really like to have a charger for at home, and at office.

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Didn't see them anywhere, I guess they are trying to push the dock as a secondary charger solution? Is much more expensive than the charger I think so I am still waiting.

D3xt3rSM

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Found it here: microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Microsoft-Surface-65W-Power-Supply-for-Surface-Book--Surface-Pro/productID.325726200

Also, I think that the charger for SP3 works.

Misterb

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Didn't see them anywhere, I guess they are trying to push the dock as a secondary charger solution? Is much more expensive than the charger I think so I am still waiting.

Well sure it is, but you get a lot of other features besides just an additional charger

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Surface Pro 3 chargers work for the SP4. So you can get on eBay, AliExpress, Amazon, etc and find an ORIGINAL charger. For my Sp2 I had 2 HORRIBLE third party ones, and they were a complete waste of money! Do yourself a favor, pay a little extra and get a used (or new) original SP3 charger. That's what I did from Aliexpress.

RichBrown68

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying a middle approach. I'm getting a third party charger off of Amazon by Emallee. It's not the cheapest 3rd party one there, which sells for as little as $15. But the $15 gets just over 3 stars. This one gets 4 1/2 stars from buyers and costs $25. More than the cheapest but much less than the cost of a new power supply from Microsoft. I'll let everyone know how it does.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying a middle approach. I'm getting a third party charger off of Amazon by Emallee. It's not the cheapest 3rd party one there, which sells for as little as $15. But the $15 gets just over 3 stars. This one gets 4 1/2 stars from buyers and costs $25. More than the cheapest but much less than the cost of a new power supply from Microsoft. I'll let everyone know how it does.

So stars cost ~$6.66 per unit to upgrade on random 3rd party chargers.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
No, it is $200 for a docking station, that gives you monitor ports, USB ports, a speaker port, networking port, AND power... all by plugging just one plug in to your SP4

None of which people are asking for in here. All they are asking for is another charger. At no point are they asking for Ethernet support or external speakers. If you want that stuff, go for it, but when someone is JUST asking for a charger, this is a $200 charger to that person and nothing more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss