SP4 Full Body Skins

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I second Stickerboy.
I have the silver carbon fiber decal only on the back of my surface (I'm only worried about sliding around on tabletops) and you can't tell it's there. Unless someone else is a surface owner, no one realizes anything is on it.

Might not be necessary, but makes me feel better. In only use the back panel though, I refuse to put anything on the glass side or keyboard, and the tiny strips for the sides don't seem worthwhile.

fj_cruiser

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I am surprised (do not own any Surface product yet) that the Magnesium alloy would scratch so easily (if we were to believe some of the claims here). I have seen many Surface items (SP4, SP3, and S3) in several different stores and I have made it a point to examine them closely for I know people are not very careful handling those display/demo units, but I have never seen a Surface that had scratches or dings that were apparent.
As I said, I could be wrong because I do not own one yet but I still tend to believe that its going to take more to scratch like as mentioned here.

That said, I am going to buy an SP4 anyway and will not be putting any skin on it. I have several ipods and iphones sitting in the drawer that look like they are in pristine condition, in appearance, (were always cased and babied) but are actually dead... so what's the point!?! I am going to enjoy the SP4 the way MS designed and meant it to be.

fj_cruiser

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
No, doesn't cover the vents and metal doesn't breathe.

Yes, it doesn't breathe, but the heat is dissipated to the surrounding by convection and by adding a plastic (or other material) layer on top of the metal surface, I am afraid it will add a thermal barrier and slow down the heat transfer.

fj_cruiser

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I tried to find the Incipio Feather for Surface Pro 4 but could not find it. I find it for the SP3 with no problem. Who did you purchase this case from?

Update: I purchased this case directly from the Incipio website for $44.99. I never did find it on Amazon or any other site. And yes, I am aware that some don't agree with covering the SP4 because of hiding it's gorgeous design. To be honest, I mostly agree with that argument. I am not really concerned with scratches as I am with banging up the sides and corners of my SP4. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I need to be careful and 98% of the time I am very careful in how I treat my SP4. But for me, and I can only speak for me, if this case works out then I am going to give it a try. And if turns out to be a cheap case then I will go back to using my SP4 with no case at all.

I have used this case for a couple of days now and so far so good. I wish they sold a clear case instead of black, blue, pink, or red. But I am still able to use the kickstand and the type cover with no issues at all.

The case you linked to looks nice but looks like they used leather on the back to allow for the kickstand functionality... but leather being an insulator, it will most likely slow down the heat transfer from the Mg case of the SP4 to the surrounding. Have you noticed (or tested for) any difference between temps with and without the case on?

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
forgot to post these... Surface Pro 4 i7 with 8GB RAM, 256 GB storage. showing a DecalGirl skin. But I've also used Skinit in the past and recommend them as well. But I think Skinit only does matte. DecalGirl does matte and glossy. If you want the colors to pop, get glossy.

WP_20160424_23_30_48_Pro.jpgWP_20160424_23_31_00_Pro.jpg

the second picture is actually razor sharp. the phone focused on the ceiling lights and the border got blurred in the process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven