I thought the surface dock connector could be inserted any way, meaning there was no top and bottom but when i plug my pro 4 into the new surface dock with teh light on the connector at the bottom, my wifi stops working.

anyone any ideas how to fix this or if its as expected behavior?
    12-13-2015 07:22 AM
    You could try not doing it... That might work ;-)
    12-13-2015 07:27 AM
    I thought the surface dock connector could be inserted any way, meaning there was no top and bottom but when i plug my pro 4 into the new surface dock with teh light on the connector at the bottom, my wifi stops working.

anyone any ideas how to fix this or if its as expected behavior?
    Pretty sure its not expected to drop wifi when connected...just a guess
    12-13-2015 07:59 AM
    Try not doing what? not using the dock?

Im asking if anyone has viewed this behavior before, if they have a solution or if its something i need to take up with microsoft. Utterly unhelpful answer HarkAtYou

Thanks for a much more helpful answer boltman2013
    12-13-2015 08:00 AM
    Hello
    I have similar problem. And please for help. I connect Ethernet cable ( RJ45) to Dock and I'm a little confused, because when Dock is on - Ethernet is working, When is off - Ethernet also is off.
    Does this mean that the Surface Dock must be on , at all times 24 / hour?.
    I think it should not be like that ?.
    But on the other hand, Surface 4 Dock has no switch, so perhaps should be turned on all the time?.
    I would be grateful for any advice.
    12-13-2015 10:33 AM
    Im not using an ethernet cable when docked, i rely on wireless all the time as i dont have a physical network point near my home office.

I got this resolved. The behavior started after installing hyperV. Although its a known issue that the Surface & hyperV dont work well together, they are supposed to work ok if you disable hyper v when you dont need it.

In my case, disabling hyperV, and even uninstalling it didnt fix the issue.
    I got it resolved by reinstalling the latest Surface drivers from the microsoft site.

Its a shame, as i rely on hyperV for work and need it on my any pc i use so it means il probably return the surface.
    12-13-2015 12:13 PM
    I got an issue were inserting a memory stick will make wifi drop out on some networks
    12-13-2015 02:28 PM
    I got an issue were inserting a memory stick will make wifi drop out on some networks
    Usually due to shoody sticks, would not expect that with a Microsoft product
    12-14-2015 12:04 PM
    I get the same problem but it in my case it is the connected monitor that is causing the problem. Even if I plug the monitor directly into the Mini DisplayPort on the SP4 that also kills my wireless connection. I don't have HyperV installed.
    Tuomo Ruponen likes this.
    12-30-2015 02:57 PM
    same problem here, but only with my dock at work (doch at home works fine). Very strange...

As soon as I connect the dock, the WiFi connection drops.

I've tried the following:

-HDMI to Mini Display Port
    -DVI to Mini Display Port
    -tried both Dock Mini Display Ports

I ''could'' connect a LAN cable to my dock at work, but I'd rather would like to find a better solution!

I'll do some Microsoft updates now ...
    01-12-2016 01:27 AM
    I'm now upgrading to Windows 10 Pro version 1511, 10586

takes a while... let you know once it is done (and, if it helps the bug)!

Can't believe that this happens with a product that costs 2000$!

would also be interesting if the bug is the same on all models. Mine is the i5 model.
    01-12-2016 01:58 AM
    ok, updating took an hour or so, but after a restart, it works now :-)

so, anyone experiencing the same problem, check your windows updates. My last update and firmware was from 17. December 2015. Ever since, the updates were not installed correctly. After clicking 'retry' a couple of times manually, the updates were downloaded and installed. Now I can use all ports on my dock without cutting the WiFi connection.

Good luck!
    01-12-2016 03:27 AM
    Hm, it works now sometimes, sometimes not... I found out now that it works on one WiFi, and only sometimes on the other. The other one has an old Router, maybe it has to do with frequencies?
    01-12-2016 06:25 AM