Surface pro, why no Outlook App??

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hey Guys,
So we are new proud owners of the Surface Pro 4 and also Office 365 subscribers. We have downloaded the office desktop programs to the surface and they work fine, but of course, in touch mode their a long shot from being easy.
I guess thats why "Word Mobile", "excel Mobile" and "Powerpoint Mobile" exist in the windows store. We have downloaded word mobile and it is awesome to use on the surface in touch mode and it makes me extremely surprised that there is no Outlook Mobile app available? Using the desktop version is difficult in touch mode as the icons are to small and there is to many options... and I hope we're not going to be subjected to having to use the "mail and calendar" app forever more as that really isn't great.
What puts my confusion into overdrive, is that the Outlook App exists on Ipad!! Why can't I have that app on my surface. It makes no sense.
The windows store support teams response via phone was that they look at surface as a computer, not a tablet, which is why the app doesn't exist. I would reluctantly accept that philosophy, except for the fact they already have Word, excel and powerpoint apps available... so where's the consistency if that is the case.
My passion on this subject is because Outlook is our main office program... in fact we barely use any of the others, so if we're to continue subscribing to 365, we would like Outlook to be taken as seriously as word.
So hopefully someone has some news to share, that they are making an app for outlook or something.
Cheers

FernNor

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the wall of text, it didnt format my paragraph correctly... here it is written better

Hey Guys,

So we are new proud owners of the Surface Pro 4 and also Office 365 subscribers. We have downloaded the office desktop programs to the surface and they work fine, but of course, in touch mode their a long shot from being easy.

I guess thats why "Word Mobile", "excel Mobile" and "Powerpoint Mobile" exist in the windows store. We have downloaded word mobile and it is awesome to use on the surface in touch mode and it makes me extremely surprised that there is no Outlook Mobile app available? Using the desktop version is difficult in touch mode as the icons are to small and there is to many options... and I hope we're not going to be subjected to having to use the "mail and calendar" app forever more as that really isn't great.

What puts my confusion into overdrive, is that the Outlook App exists on Ipad!! Why can't I have that app on my surface. It makes no sense.
The windows store support teams response via phone was that they look at surface as a computer, not a tablet, which is why the app doesn't exist. I would reluctantly accept that philosophy, except for the fact they already have Word, excel and powerpoint apps available... so where's the consistency if that is the case.

My passion on this subject is because Outlook is our main office program... in fact we barely use any of the others, so if we're to continue subscribing to 365, we would like Outlook to be taken as seriously as word.

So hopefully someone has some news to share, that they are making an app for outlook or something.
Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6