should i not be able to send text messages from my pro 4 via win phone?

I paired my win phone to the surface, but to this day have not been able to send messages successfully via cortana
    12-22-2015 07:47 AM
    should i not be able to send text messages from my pro 4 via win phone?

I paired my win phone to the surface, but to this day have not been able to send messages successfully via cortana
    Just say "Hey Cortana text [contact name]"..... works for me with SP4 and 640... contact must be in People list so put yourself in contact list with your mobile # Use "Lord and Master" or something
    12-22-2015 08:00 AM
    You can also type "Text [contact name]". Cortana will then display a field to enter a text message and verify before sending. It currently doesn't work in the messaging app if that's what you've been trying. I've had no issues with texting via Cortana on my PC, and my phone is running Android.
    tennisfan#AC likes this.
    12-23-2015 07:50 AM
    You can also type "Text [contact name]". Cortana will then display a field to enter a text message and verify before sending. It currently doesn't work in the messaging app if that's what you've been trying. I've had no issues with texting via Cortana on my PC, and my phone is running Android.
    Oh Really? I didn't realize I could use Cortana to send text messages to my Android phone. I thought it only worked on Windows Phones. Please elaborate.
    12-23-2015 02:18 PM
    Phone Companion App is your IOS/Android Friend
    12-23-2015 05:13 PM
    Oh Really? I didn't realize I could use Cortana to send text messages to my Android phone. I thought it only worked on Windows Phones. Please elaborate.
    As tennisFan#AC mentioned, open the "Phone Companion" app on your Windows 10 device, it'll take you through the process of getting Cortana setup on your Android device. Once you have Cortana installed and signed in with the same Microsoft account, you can use Cortana on your Windows PC to send text messages to anyone in your contact list. Cortana on your PC communicates with Cortana on your phone to access your phones SMS/Text app and sends the messages.
    12-23-2015 07:16 PM
    Here is a tip.... you may have more than one Mark or more than one Robert in your contacts so when you type/say in Cortana "text Mark" you will be presented with a list of Marks and you have to choose the correct one. This adds an extra step. So.... instead just use their surname to text someone eg: "text Williams" or "text Redford" to be instantly taken to the correct name.
    12-23-2015 10:27 PM