Running Solidworks on SP4

h4ppidais

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I ran Solidworks 2013 very well on my previous macbook air i5 (2011). However, I am having problems running it smoothly on SP4. It's so bad that I can't even work on it. Is this a hardware issue or a software issue? Is there any reason to think that my MBA was better suited for a 2013 solidworks version?

I know I am not going to run CAD programs on laptops like I do in desktops but I expected it to run better on 2015 flagship laptop than a 2011 laptop. :unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

Thanks in advance.

mc511

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Could be a Windows 10 thing. Looks here it says that Solidworks 2014 isnt compatible with 2014 so maybe 2013 will have issues. I am just guessing here.

WildKarrde

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I got through many semesters of Solidworks 2013 and 2014 with my SP2. My SP2 also ran Catia v5 quite well. I have elected to use my SP2 and SP4 during class instead of the school provided desktops, as it seems to run much better.

I got through half of my last semester with my SP4 i5 8GB with no issues, and plan on finishing my degree with it. My SP4 runs Solidworks 2015 great, and most of the time I have the processor on 50% and the graphics power on minimum, so not really sure why your system is lagging. Do you still have enough time to exchange it for another? If you haven't been drastically messing with the settings then maybe you have a faulty SP4.

h4ppidais

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Do you change those settings in solidworks? I'm having many issues with my surface and i'm hoping to exchange it as soon as possible.. But I wanted to make sure that this wasn't just the machine's limitation first.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

WildKarrde

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I didnt change any performance related settings in Solidworks, but it did default to lowiah settings. I noticed that on the school computers people have some pretty high resolution gloss and reflections that werent showing on my machine.

Nin Dash

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Hello, sorry for bad English.
I have a problem,
I would be very grateful if you can help,,
When I switch to another running two cable does not become about me, but remains just gitsa, What is it?1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro