I find it a bit difficult to manage both my laptop and Surface 4. So I would like to know if you have any tips for making things easier. For example, I came across a program called Microsoft's Mouse Without Borders that will let me use the same keyboard/mouse with both my laptop and Surface. I am primarily interested in knowing how you handle file syncing (without cloud), synchronizing software settings (such as Firefox speed dial extension settings) etc. and anything else that you share between two devices, preferably with less dependency on cloud. Also, is there any way of syncing the start menu tiles?
    Last edited by unni_kmr; 01-07-2016 at 10:38 PM.
    01-07-2016 10:15 PM
    I find it a bit difficult to manage both my laptop and Surface 4. So I would like to know if you have any tips for making things easier. For example, I came across a program called Microsoft's Mouse Without Borders that will let me use the same keyboard/mouse with both my laptop and Surface. I am primarily interested in knowing how you handle file syncing (without cloud), synchronizing software settings (such as Firefox speed dial extension settings) etc. and anything else that you share between two devices, preferably with less dependency on cloud. Also, is there any way of syncing the start menu tiles?
    Why no cloud?
    01-09-2016 08:05 AM
    Currently, I am in US, so no issues with bandwidth. But I will be going back to India sometime later. My parents home is in a small town, were the bandwidth is capped at 2 Mbps for 2 GB and 512 kbps afterwards I think. So, I can't rely much on internet.
    01-09-2016 09:04 AM
    Thumb drive.
    unni_kmr likes this.
    01-12-2016 04:55 PM