How do I use 3 monitors with the Surface Pro 4?

bbarth

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I need to be able to run 3 monitors with my Surface Pro 4 i7/16/512. I have the docking station but need to know what kind of adapter I will need to make this work. Do I need active/passive, external video card? I'm just not sure what I need to do.

Monitors:
2x-Dell U2212HM
1x-Asus MX279

Thanks for the help!

bbarth

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Awesome, thank you!

Will this method still allow me to have three separate screens (meaning no duplicates), sorry I'm new to daisy chaining. So just to make sure the 2 mini display ports on the surface dock will work if I daisy chain the two Dell monitors together, and then use the other mini display port for my Asus monitor, is that correct?

Then in the Note 2: it says the computer mother board or video card must have a DisplayPort 1.2 output with MST, so does the Surface Pro 4 support this. I can't find anything on that.

Thanks again.

bbarth

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Do you know if something like this would work?

Sorry I don't have enough posts to put in a link, so here are some screen shots.

Pluggable.PNGstartech.PNG

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that would work to connect multiple displays. You could use it to connect one display and the SP4. I'm no expert. The most I've ever done is connect it to an external monitor or a projector

djncanada1

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Do you know if something like this would work?

Sorry I don't have enough posts to put in a link, so here are some screen shots.

I have used the Pluggable solution, it should work fine, there is a 4K model, also think the Pluggble may have a video chip.

I have 2X ASUS $ K monitors connected to Surface Pro, have not had need to conenct 3rd monitor yet.

View attachment 120203View attachment 120204

tennisfan#AC

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I can tell you that it does work. I have a SP4 and the IT department used the StarTech product and I now display on three different monitors. I have no clue how they set it up but it works for me. It is sometimes a little buggy. I am using 2 PC monitors and one big screen tv monitor. I will be glad to check out the set up on Monday if you would like me to.

bbarth

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I my cables and stuff barely came. If you're still willing I would to see how it is set up. Thanks for the help.

billyboyblue

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I use three displays with my I5 , I use a mini diplay to three HDMI ports connected to three 27 inch acers , works pretty good. playing games on the other hand... meh, natively can't really do much

isaac Guanajuato

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
I am trying to do the same: Connect 3 sreens to my surface pro 4. You mentioned connecting one Mini Port to 3 HDMI. Can you tell me the adapter you used to connect the Mini Port to the three HDMI?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to do the same: Connect 3 sreens to my surface pro 4. You mentioned connecting one Mini Port to 3 HDMI. Can you tell me the adapter you used to connect the Mini Port to the three HDMI?

There is this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JLRBC7...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3525984

If you don't feel like shelling out all that cash, you can do a cheaper option with vga/dvi/hdmi

https://www.amazon.com/gofanco®-Min...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3525984

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)