Hello everyone! I'm a long-time subscriber to the website but a newbie to this forum.

Background first: I bought an i7 16G 512G SP4 in late November, hoping to replace my current workhorse (ASUS UX32VD) with it. Though I haven't got time to really transfer my work stuff onto my SP4, I worked on it a little bit and was generally happy with it (in spite of some of those common issues). No need to mention how good I feel after I bore with my 32G Surface RT for more than two years.

I had to admit I rarely leave comments/feedback to Microsoft since I always tried to figure things out myself. But I did write some generally comments about how I like/dislike my SP4 after they updated the Surface app, allowing us to customize the pen button. And today I received an email from Microsoft, inviting me to "apply for the opportunity" to go to Microsoft Redmond campus and share my experience on my device with the research people there. If I was selected, I would need to go to the campus and bring my device with them and conduct some everyday activities with my SP4 there.

As it seems to be an interesting thing, I wonder whether there's anyone else receiving the email?
    01-09-2016 01:21 AM
    Not me. But what a cool opportunity!
    But don't diss RT. lol I too have a new SP4, but my beloved Lumia 2520 LTE RT tablet is still my quickdraw weapon for whimsical tasks.

Good luck. Report back if you take them up on the offer.
    01-09-2016 02:03 AM
    Haha, actually I bought the RT as soon as it came out. It had such a solid build and SP4 definitely keeps the trait. My bad is experience was mainly on its extremely slow response speed after Windows 8.1 upgrade. It found it basically unable to maintain a normal speed while surfing the internet, and the IE kept crashing. I'm not sure if it was a common problem, but it quickly became my YouTube player in the kitchen after the upgrade. Not really the quickdraw weapon for me! What a sad story...
    01-09-2016 03:14 AM