Brightness and Bluetooth and Undervolting questions on SP4

KristianKennethCarl

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Good day, does anyone notice their SP4 brightness level decreases on it's own when using some applications, as for me Photoshop and Corel Video Studio? Like all of the sudden, after opening these apps, the brightness would decrease even though I disabled automatic brightness and I am on balanced profile under power management.

Also I noticed that Bluetooth would be disabled when I am on battery saver, is there anyway to keep bluetooth driver on, as it will also disable Surface Pen shortcuts.

Also I have questions with undervolting, I am using Intel XTU to set the profile, how would I know if the profile has been set after reboot? or should I run the program again and re apply once booted?

Before this I am a mac user so I am a windows n00b

dirtyvu

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Brightness is not only determined by that "adjust automatically" option but also by how your power management profile is set up. For example the default power options has brightness up when plugged in and dimmer when on battery.

KristianKennethCarl

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Brightness is not only determined by that "adjust automatically" option but also by how your power management profile is set up. For example the default power options has brightness up when plugged in and dimmer when on battery.

I know this, but what happened here is that, I set my brightness particularly, say at 27% percent and I want my device to stay at that level all day long so I disable adjust automatically but when I open apps, such as Photoshop, even corel video studio, I noticed that the brightness will eventually gets dimmer, but will go back only after I exit the app

fastcarve

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Is the brightness percentage changing, or the perceived brightness? If it is the perceived brightness, it might be that some programs (such as photo/video tools) will apply color profiles while others wont. This is just a guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre