Win 10 not fully loading on my SP4

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone

I wasn't sure if this is a thread for win 10 or a surface pro 4, but i had this problem today.

It has happened before, but rarely, and again today, and not even 3 shutdowns could help.

Yesterday evening i plugged in my SP4, and pressed the power button (hybernate). Normally everything was fine in the morning, except today, when Hello logged me in, i could see the desktop and a few things in the start bar were missing. All the apps attached to the left were gone, and wifi, speakers, battery, keyboard and other icons were gone too. Nothing would bring them back. Touch also didn't work so i could bring out the action center. Also windows key would not work, you couldn't click on it, nothing worked. The programs were opening normally. I tried restarting explorer and that didn't help as well. So since i couldn't open the start menu, i had to shutdown by holding down the power button, and after 3 tries it finally loaded properly. I had no way of restarting the surface (only shutdown), win + x also did nothing.

The whole thing was really weird and windows didn't throw any errors or anything.

Did anyone else experience this before, and is there any way to prevent this problem? 30 min of turning on and off really isn't by best use of time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon