Soft tip stylus on SP4 ?

Magnus Serrander

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Might be a stupid question, but a year ago I got a Dell Venue 8 Pro, and that device didn't work with the soft tip stylus !!!
When scrolling on webpages it kept clicking every now and then, also on the start screen...
My wife will go ballistic if I get another device that is not working the way she wants it to :)
Using the hard tip stylus that comes with the device is not an option...

Can anybody please confirm that the SP4 works fine with a soft tip ?
The stores where I live don't have them for display so I can't test it myself...

billyboyblue

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
if by soft tip you mean capacitive, then yes. However, I find it hard to believe you had a touch screen device that didn't work with one, it would be near impossible for a capcitive pen to not work on a touch screen device. Was it an active stylus that took a battery ?

Magnus Serrander

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Not an active stylus. It was a normal soft tip, or capacitive if you will, that was working fine on my Surface 2. But when used with the Venue it caused clicking when it was swiped to scroll the webpage. This is actually a known issue if you search the web. Some people have it. But Dell will not acknowledge this as a problem since the pen was not delivered with the tablet. They just say that if it works with your finger then there is not a problem....

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Works with minnie if you press down on it. Worked with the black one (some cheap thing came free with a case a got) not as much pressure needed. Did not work with note 5 stylus (lame lol)

But none work as great as the surface pen.

1dc65cc2e3ace77620a990d962a60d48.jpg

Ps. Why do all these stylus work on my phone and tab. And only 2 work on the surface? As well as why doesnt the surface pen work on my phone. They're all capasitive screens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb