Reinstalling W10 appears to fix problems

rossds

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Just to let people know in case it helps someone. I was having loads of problems with my Pro 4 - mainly the usual reported ones. Was waiting for the sleep fix before worrying but that didn't fix everything for me. In fact after that, I started getting the odd random freeze. So I phoned MS and they recommended a reinstall on W10 (creating a usb boot disk). That was only last Wed, but since doing that I have had no issues at all.

Not saying it'll work for everyone and it may not even have worked for me (was only a few days ago), but possibly worth trying if you've been plagued. Means reinstalling apps and you have to remove bitlocker first, but no huge drama.

Cheers

Ross

rgc6789

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by rossds
Just to let people know in case it helps someone. I was having loads of problems with my Pro 4 - mainly the usual reported ones. Was waiting for the sleep fix before worrying but that didn't fix everything for me. In fact after that, I started getting the odd random freeze. So I phoned MS and they recommended a reinstall on W10 (creating a usb boot disk). That was only last Wed, but since doing that I have had no issues at all.

Not saying it'll work for everyone and it may not even have worked for me (was only a few days ago), but possibly worth trying if you've been plagued. Means reinstalling apps and you have to remove bitlocker first, but no huge drama.

Cheers

Ross

I just did the same thing Friday and so far all issues are gone. I'll post an update in a couple of days.

Grimmric

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I had a problem creating a Recovery drive when i got my SP4.
Did reinstall Win10 and have no problem that has been reported.
It feels like they messed up the ghost that they cloned and installed the OS from.

rossds

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that was the case for me. It keeps all your data but you have to reinstall all apps (win32 and appstore). I followed MS instructions to install from usb - can't post link unfortunately. A week later and I still have had no problems. i7/16/512

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro