Help/Warning: SP4 fan runs non-stop after 4-20 update

bradleyj

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I allowed my Surface Pro 4 to do all the updates released a couple days ago. Now my fan runs nearly constantly with half a second break every now and then. The device is cold so there is no reason for this. I restarted and the fan never even turned off during the reboot. I shut down and the fan ran for several seconds after the computer appeared off.

If you know how I can fix this please let me know. Thanks.

bradleyj

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello? Am I the only one here whose Surface is messed up after the April update? Ugh... and this one didn't have so many of the other problems (display flickering at low brightness etc.)

bradleyj

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
not just you, mine is doing the exact same thing :(

Please pester Microsoft on twitter (@surface @surfacesupport Terry Myerson, Panos Panay etc.) We should maybe also try to make Windows Central etc aware of the issue. If there is no publicity MS may never fix our devices.

unni_kmr

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
In mine, fan never used to run unnecessarily. But recently it started running randomly even when the device is not in use, and the tablet is also warm. Also, I think the Windows hello camera stays on after login because the red led is always on most of the time. I believe since the camera is on, it is causing the device to get hot which in turn triggers the fan.

sjaduae

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I allowed my Surface Pro 4 to do all the updates released a couple days ago. Now my fan runs nearly constantly with half a second break every now and then. The device is cold so there is no reason for this. I restarted and the fan never even turned off during the reboot. I shut down and the fan ran for several seconds after the computer appeared off.

If you know how I can fix this please let me know. Thanks.
Just re start using power button plus volume up, wait for boot screen, then exit this and re-start normally

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos