SP4 Crashes to UEFI

Devhux

Feb 4, 2008
Visit site
I've been having an issue with my Surface Pro 4 lately where it randomly will crash and reboot to the UEFI screen. I can exit the UEFI and it'll boot up just fine afterwards. It seems to happen most when I'm streaming to my TV from Plex (media is on an external drive), though I'm almost certain I've seen cases where I wasn't streaming as well.

There's no BSOD, nothing in Event Viewer other than an unexpected shutdown notice, and I've even run sfc & DISM to attempt to diagnose the issue. I've even done a full restore.

At this point (and considering my Teamviewer issues mentioned in another thread which are still ongoing actually), I'm tempted to bring my machine to the Microsoft Store to see what they can suggest. Before I do so, I figured I would ask here if there's any other suggestions.

decider

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I would try to get it exchanged for a new device or return for a complete refund. I went through 3 devices and none met my expectations for the cost of these devices.

Devhux

Feb 4, 2008
Visit site
Definitely, but I'm guessing that just means they'll attempt to repair the machine instead of outright replacing it (then again, given how hard it is to actually open the machine, maybe there's not much they can do outside of replacements (as long as they determine a hardware fault).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte