At first the fan was on non-stop but after restarting the surface a couple of times there was an update that was installed and the fan stopped. I thought the issue was fixed but now when my surface heats up the fan never worked and sometimes I get a black screen that shows a thermostat which I am assuming means that the surface overheated. Usually when I am playing Hearthstone the fan starts up 5 minutes into the game but now I spend hours and nothing, it just heats up a lot and fan never turns on.

Anyone else with this problem?
    04-27-2016 08:56 PM
    At first the fan was on non-stop but after restarting the surface a couple of times there was an update that was installed and the fan stopped. I thought the issue was fixed but now when my surface heats up the fan never worked and sometimes I get a black screen that shows a thermostat which I am assuming means that the surface overheated. Usually when I am playing Hearthstone the fan starts up 5 minutes into the game but now I spend hours and nothing, it just heats up a lot and fan never turns on.

it could be a hardware problem - is there a service centre nearby that you can go to? I'm assuming your sp4 is still under warranty

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    05-06-2016 07:04 AM

Same things happening to me, I'm currently sat resetting the surface to factory settings to see if it fixes the problem.
    05-12-2016 02:41 PM