Hi,
    I am on my 3rd Surface Pro 4 (Issues with the hardware on display, updates crashed my replacement) and one common thing is Office 2016 constantly crashes. I cannot even use my outlook and have to use web mail. It's really hit or miss, works for hours no issues then non-stop. In the event log only thing logged is Event 1000 Application error and no real data.

Any ideas? I don't think it's Office 2016 as I saw this behavior with Office 2013 as well.

Thanks.
    06-10-2016 07:55 AM
    Hi,
    I am on my 3rd Surface Pro 4 (Issues with the hardware on display, updates crashed my replacement) and one common thing is Office 2016 constantly crashes. I cannot even use my outlook and have to use web mail. It's really hit or miss, works for hours no issues then non-stop. In the event log only thing logged is Event 1000 Application error and no real data.

Any ideas? I don't think it's Office 2016 as I saw this behavior with Office 2013 as well.

Thanks.
    for starters, you can try repairing it by going to control panel > programs > uninstal programs > search for office 2016 and click on repair/uninstall. Select repair

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    06-10-2016 11:07 AM
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I would recommend everyone having problems with their SP4 to go through the process I've written here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...ml#post3496039

Ever since doing this, I've not had any problems with anything. My SP4 is running flawlessly.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-10-2016 06:05 PM
    I would reset to factory.

then just install Office. don't install any third-party software or hardware. at least this will allow you to determine whether it's any software program or hardware driver that's causing the problem. play around with it for a few days. then start installing your third-party software slowly to determine what is causing the problem.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-11-2016 01:24 AM