Pen and tablet got wet now pen dosen't work?

STGN1

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
So I got caught in a torrent rain and my bag got wet. The pen was on the side of the tablet(left side dwon) and in a fake leather pouch which retained some water. The type cover got the most wet the and was pretty soaked on the out side and quit a bit in the keys the tablet it self didn't seem to ha gotten especially wet only the lefts side had a few drops on it other than the screen which had a bit a of water on it. When I got inside I pressed the start button and the tablet turned on no problem and runs fine ,everything seems to work. BUT the pen which had been riding on the left side didn't function like it should(the eraser key works and opens OneNote no problem but the pen can't write or erase). Opening up the pen it had quit a bit of water in it. I tired blowing it out using my mouth but that didn't help. When I got home I use a pressure blower on it and putting it to the screen it actually partially functioned showing the dot on the screen, but the tablet didn't functioned quit right having the pen near it, I could not write in onenote, so I restated. When the tablet restarted it functioned normaly but the pen had again lost the ability to show the dot and write although the onenote click still works.

So the question is my pen fried or what how can the button still work if the rest of the pen can?t?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
So I got caught in a torrent rain and my bag got wet. The pen was on the side of the tablet(left side dwon) and in a fake leather pouch which retained some water. The type cover got the most wet the and was pretty soaked on the out side and quit a bit in the keys the tablet it self didn't seem to ha gotten especially wet only the lefts side had a few drops on it other than the screen which had a bit a of water on it. When I got inside I pressed the start button and the tablet turned on no problem and runs fine ,everything seems to work. BUT the pen which had been riding on the left side didn't function like it should(the eraser key works and opens OneNote no problem but the pen can't write or erase). Opening up the pen it had quit a bit of water in it. I tired blowing it out using my mouth but that didn't help. When I got home I use a pressure blower on it and putting it to the screen it actually partially functioned showing the dot on the screen, but the tablet didn't functioned quit right having the pen near it, I could not write in onenote, so I restated. When the tablet restarted it functioned normaly but the pen had again lost the ability to show the dot and write although the onenote click still works.

So the question is my pen fried or what how can the button still work if the rest of the pen can?t?

let the pen dry for a day or two an try again - change the batteries too

STGN1

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the comments I will try that. Got a Surface Pro 3 pen for cheap to check the display and it works fine luckily!
Regards

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro