3d building apps

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

So my friend shared an app that is apple exclusive called shapr3d Shapr3D - Modeling magic for iPad Pro.

he challenged me in a friendly way to get an app or program that can work on the surface device in a similar or better way but without using the surface cover i.e just the surface tablet portion and the surface pen

Can you suggest any? Does autocad work well with the pen?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I'd like my "bread and butter" keyboard and mouse Autodesk Inventor. As for pen only use, sounds weird. I'm not sure that or Solidworks can do that.

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I'd like my "bread and butter" keyboard and mouse Autodesk Inventor. As for pen only use, sounds weird. I'm not sure that or Solidworks can do that.
You can only do pan,zoom and rotate with touch screen in solid works. Good for showing to other people but a piece of crap while modelling.

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
And sorry to say this, just accept your defeat if you only want to show him an app from windows store. Or else show him legacy win32 beasty programs not available for ipad pro.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Why does he want to take away some of the advantages of the SP by "disallowing" usage of the keyboard and pen? Why can't you use the full potential of your computer by using programs and the surface cover? Is it to make his Ipad have a chance?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Why does he want to take away some of the advantages of the SP by "disallowing" usage of the keyboard and pen? Why can't you use the full potential of your computer by using programs and the surface cover? Is it to make his Ipad have a chance?

you have a point there - thought the pen has to be used

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
You can only do pan,zoom and rotate with touch screen in solid works. Good for showing to other people but a piece of crap while modelling.

Looks like I was wrong about touch functionality in solidworks as I haven't used any active stylus for my dell 13 7000.

https://m.reddit.com/r/SolidWorks/comments/2n1feg/solidworks_on_a_touch_screen/

Chintan you can show him this program but you need to sell yourself to buy this software(rumoured to be $22,000 without any add-ins) If you are a student you can get it for $150 for 1 year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo