Hi guys,

So my friend shared an app that is apple exclusive called shapr3d Shapr3D - Modeling magic for iPad Pro.

he challenged me in a friendly way to get an app or program that can work on the surface device in a similar or better way but without using the surface cover i.e just the surface tablet portion and the surface pen

Can you suggest any? Does autocad work well with the pen?
    07-04-2016 10:54 AM
    Windows store has sculptit and a crappy good for nothing 3d builder.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-04-2016 11:27 AM
    eager to see what suggestions people have on this
    07-04-2016 01:32 PM
    Honestly I'd like my "bread and butter" keyboard and mouse Autodesk Inventor. As for pen only use, sounds weird. I'm not sure that or Solidworks can do that.
    07-05-2016 12:26 AM
    Honestly I'd like my "bread and butter" keyboard and mouse Autodesk Inventor. As for pen only use, sounds weird. I'm not sure that or Solidworks can do that.
    search for the video on the app I mentioned - shapr3d
    07-05-2016 01:09 AM
    You can only do pan,zoom and rotate with touch screen in solid works. Good for showing to other people but a piece of crap while modelling.
    07-05-2016 09:32 AM
    And sorry to say this, just accept your defeat if you only want to show him an app from windows store. Or else show him legacy win32 beasty programs not available for ipad pro.
    07-05-2016 09:35 AM
    And sorry to say this, just accept your defeat if you only want to show him an app from windows store. Or else show him legacy win32 beasty programs not available for ipad pro.
    he's actually on this thread - Nkobur
    07-05-2016 10:52 AM
    This one might support the pen and touch... but it's a full featured 3D modeling app...

Pixologic :: Home of ZBrush
    07-05-2016 03:37 PM
    Why does he want to take away some of the advantages of the SP by "disallowing" usage of the keyboard and pen? Why can't you use the full potential of your computer by using programs and the surface cover? Is it to make his Ipad have a chance?
    07-06-2016 06:02 AM
    Why does he want to take away some of the advantages of the SP by "disallowing" usage of the keyboard and pen? Why can't you use the full potential of your computer by using programs and the surface cover? Is it to make his Ipad have a chance?
    you have a point there - thought the pen has to be used
    07-06-2016 06:50 AM
    You can only do pan,zoom and rotate with touch screen in solid works. Good for showing to other people but a piece of crap while modelling.
    Looks like I was wrong about touch functionality in solidworks as I haven't used any active stylus for my dell 13 7000.

https://m.reddit.com/r/SolidWorks/co..._touch_screen/

Chintan you can show him this program but you need to sell yourself to buy this software(rumoured to be $22,000 without any add-ins) If you are a student you can get it for $150 for 1 year.
    07-08-2016 12:17 AM