Surface Pro 4 core i5 8GB RAM vs Surface Bok Core i5 8GB RAM dGPU

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
So I am slowly getting fed up of my buggy Asus 2 in 1 (which is actually a budget device) so I was thinking about buying something more future proof and less buggy (right now I had big difficulties while I was writing this thread). My question is if for example I would want to use my surface primarily for school/work tasks which are mainly using visual studio, office and web browser (sometimes also ink) and occasional gaming (CS:GO), would there be a huge difference in performance between Surface Pro 4 Core i5 & 8GB RAM version and Surface Book Core i5 & dGPU & 8GB RAM ?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
There would be a significant difference, the RAM is the same so programs dependent on RAM will function the same. But programs such as games which more depend on the graphics will work better on the surface book.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Well I do care about the graphics, but as I would not use the device primarily for gaming as I have PC that is powerful enough now after I have replaced the graphics card I would be satisfied with the device just running the game @ 30 FPS. Was just afraid that the Surface Pro 4 wouldn't be able to do it, but after watching some videos on youtube I realised that I was wrong :p

I would like to go with Surface with a reason, because I no longer trust any other OEM as for example my relatives which are using HP laptops aren't satisfied with their performance for basic tasks like web browsing. Could be that they just got the wrong device, but I would personally still prefer going with MS.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Well I do care about the graphics, but as I would not use the device primarily for gaming as I have PC that is powerful enough now after I have replaced the graphics card I would be satisfied with the device just running the game @ 30 FPS. Was just afraid that the Surface Pro 4 wouldn't be able to do it, but after watching some videos on youtube I realised that I was wrong :p

I would like to go with Surface with a reason, because I no longer trust any other OEM as for example my relatives which are using HP laptops aren't satisfied with their performance for basic tasks like web browsing. Could be that they just got the wrong device, but I would personally still prefer going with MS.

as long as the surface devices are well supported in your region, then all is good

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I was faced w the same dilemma.ultimately went for the sp4. I was replacing my sp3 so it's form factor was the deciding factor.

If I was looking for a laptop would have gone for the surface book.

Have gotten Spoiled by the surface pro for factor though.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I was faced w the same dilemma.ultimately went for the sp4. I was replacing my sp3 so it's form factor was the deciding factor.

If I was looking for a laptop would have gone for the surface book.

Have gotten Spoiled by the surface pro for factor though.

So are you satisfied with Surface Pro 4 performance? Is there anything you're missing on it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6