updates = heat+fan on ???

becosemsaida

May 31, 2016
Visit site
so after the latest updates installed and no further pending here is what i encountered:
- tablet heats up faster, no rogue apps running, no increase of memory usage.... fan kicks in so even worse battery.
- playing a simple game of microsoft pacience heats up the tablet in such a way that i cannot hold it in my hands.... fan doesn't stop, no increase of memory or other resource...
- today: editing an excell spreadsheet, fan came on without reason, tablet throttles but doesn't heat up....

i'm only experiencing this after the latest updates..... are there more users with this problem and how to solve this. NEW installation is NOT an option.

beco

becosemsaida

May 31, 2016
Visit site
How can i check for those? All i have activated is automatic updates (windows) and they are all installed. I'm in Europe by the way.....

Beco

quadxeon

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Almost the same here, since the latest update. I noticed that my CPU is not slowing down anymore when idling, constantly between 3.2 and 3.3 GHz.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
How can i check for those? All i have activated is automatic updates (windows) and they are all installed. I'm in Europe by the way.....

Beco

Almost the same here, since the latest update. I noticed that my CPU is not slowing down anymore when idling, constantly between 3.2 and 3.3 GHz.

I have almost same issues. Also, I noticed that my surface became so slow and unusable even for normal browsing

Same here, brand new device on the Anniversary update, system hangs a lot more now too.

I made a mistake, firmware updates are got through the normal OS update route - settings >update >check for updates

Does the high cpu usage drop when offline?

becosemsaida

May 31, 2016
Visit site
So i got bored and installed the anniversary update....... For what i could test it runs a bit cooler and didn't hear the fan working while playing one game of pacience...... Will have to test it further . As for the UEFI updates i wento to the Microsoft site and checked and all is up to date. There was however an update for Windows BEFORE updating to the "birthday present".

Yes, INK is included, faster (seems like) processing of Win 10 "stuff" still have a lot more to explore.

Beco
Edit: Almost forgot, EDGE now has the possibility to have extensions. ADBLOCK is available in the store and a few others. It is also possible now to import from 3rd party browsers (FF in my case) since Edge isn't very demanding on the system i will use it for while and see if it replaces FF completely.

Last edited:

demon09

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Not Sure, since I primarily use this as a media consumption and browsing device. I don't have a keyboard yet, since I won the tablet at a conference and they didn't include that, web browsing and Netflix is all it has been useful for so far.

antdickens

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Hey,

New to the forum because of this issue.

I have the i5/dGPU edition and ever since the anniversary update my CPU seems to be running at 2.47GHz (on battery) and ~2.90GHz (when plugged in).

I'm 99% sure this would idle down to <0.5GHz prior to this update, which is a concern for the battery/CPU life.

Is everyone having this issue? or isolated?

Cheers :sweaty:

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

New to the forum because of this issue.

I have the i5/dGPU edition and ever since the anniversary update my CPU seems to be running at 2.47GHz (on battery) and ~2.90GHz (when plugged in).

I'm 99% sure this would idle down to <0.5GHz prior to this update, which is a concern for the battery/CPU life.

Is everyone having this issue? or isolated?

Cheers :sweaty:

Same for all i think. We'll have to wait for MS to fix this or set your own max processor state. Guide can be found somewhere here on the forums...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6