What Security Programs Are You Running on Your SP4?

pwscott

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I'm wondering what people are running on their Surface Pro 4 devices for CyberSecurity. I work for a large security company that makes firewalls and breach detection, but I'm a sales guy. Here's what I am running in my Surface Pro 4 i7, 16GB, 512GB:

Norton Security
(Note that Norton can be bought for less $$ when you buy a 5 pack or 10 pack for all your devices....also less expensive on Amazon or NewEgg and you can still download it immediately)

MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit Premium

Spybot Search & Destroy - Free Version (Immunize from time to time, run scans)

Care to share what your choices are??

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There's three basic truths about threads like this.

1) Everyone who responds will have a different answer
2) Most people who think they know about software ignore the fact that level of protection should equate to the level of risk
3) When using safe browsing/email habits, the standard Windows protection is quite sufficient

becosemsaida

May 31, 2016
Visit site
Pete is right, protection is something that has more possibilities than you think. Still having your device(s) protected is an important issue.
Since it is impossible to be 100% protected from ataques in the cyberspace there is no right answer, nor a wrong one.

I have been using AVG for a couple of years now since Norton was getting too heavy (not saying it is not working well).
Yes i have tried to use only the Windows protection untill i got jacked....... To clean everything up and keep the registry as it should be i have used CCleaner since it was available. This is on 3 laptops and 2 Windows tablets.

Hope it will help someone,

Beco

pwscott

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
All good points. I'm just interested to know what others are using and having good/bad experiences with. I've had three different pieces of malware find their way into my desktop Win 10 machine while I was running Norton 360 (now Norton Security). My experience with MalwareBytes in that removal was really good. Now I run it along with Norton....the CPU / RAM / i/o burden doesn't seem too heavy on well-spec'd machines so far.

Also trying to spur some discussion on what seems to a very slow moving forum compared to some others.

decider

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I use the protection built in with Windows 10 plus Malwarebytes - real time version. These two working together are great. My Malwarebytes is a life time license and the windows 10 protection built-in is not costing me anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720