HELP! Surface Pro 4 Won't Play Audio, How Can I Fix This?

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Following the Anniversary "Update" my Surface Pro 4 won't play audio, Cortana is broken and not even Groove will play music that's stored locally. I tried running the automated troubleshooters for both audio recording and playback but all they do is endlessly cycle. WTF is going on? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Following the Anniversary "Update" my Surface Pro 4 won't play audio, Cortana is broken and not even Groove will play music that's stored locally. I tried running the automated troubleshooters for both audio recording and playback but all they do is endlessly cycle. WTF is going on? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Did you rebooted your device, then entered in Settings -> Uopdates -> Check updates?

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Did you rebooted your device, then entered in Settings -> Uopdates -> Check updates?

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried this several times to no avail. I just found something else out, when I shut the device down properly by going Start > Power > Shut Down, when I reboot the system NO audio or videos play and Cortana doesn't work. HOWEVER, if I do what I'd call a hard reset, just holding the power button down until it restarts then the audio seems to work. What is going on?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried this several times to no avail. I just found something else out, when I shut the device down properly by going Start > Power > Shut Down, when I reboot the system NO audio or videos play and Cortana doesn't work. HOWEVER, if I do what I'd call a hard reset, just holding the power button down until it restarts then the audio seems to work. What is going on?

That's a soft reset (or forced reboot as told once upon a time)
And better for you not tu use too much.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
OK, I think I managed to correct the issue... for now at least. I installed new Realtek sound drivers (Realtek) and everything seems to be working properly. I found this solution on an obscure forum posting on another site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos