using a wired headset the microphone no longer works. Does not seem to have anything to do with drivers as I have tried older versions. Surface pro 3 running either 8.1 or 10 and several brand new surface pro 4. All with the same headset hardware and the microphone just stopped working. Seems they cant even get their own hardware updates adequately tested before cramming these updates down our throats. It's too bad that Microsoft no longer see's a need for QA and have the opinion that they know what is best for everyone.

Thanks Nadella!
    09-01-2016 01:51 PM
    using a wired headset the microphone no longer works. Does not seem to have anything to do with drivers as I have tried older versions. Surface pro 3 running either 8.1 or 10 and several brand new surface pro 4. All with the same headset hardware and the microphone just stopped working. Seems they cant even get their own hardware updates adequately tested before cramming these updates down our throats. It's too bad that Microsoft no longer see's a need for QA and have the opinion that they know what is best for everyone.

Thanks Nadella!
    have you tried with a different headset?
    09-02-2016 06:00 AM