Charging SP4 with USB?

Blake Seaman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Howdy,

I'm wondering about the ability to charge the Surface Pro 4 with a portable battery. Is there an adapter on the market that would allow this? Furthermore, is this technically feasible?

A specification line from my specific battery:
"PowerCore 20100 is one of the first portable chargers to utilize USB-C input and output. A reversible, high-power connection that recharges the 2015 MacBook and other USB-C devices up to 5V/3A."

I wouldn't expect fast or even positive net charging, but something to extend me an hour or two on the go would be awesome. Either way, I would LOVE this ability in a SP5; would be a game changer for my portability to use my battery back on the go.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Howdy,

I'm wondering about the ability to charge the Surface Pro 4 with a portable battery. Is there an adapter on the market that would allow this? Furthermore, is this technically feasible?

A specification line from my specific battery:
"PowerCore 20100 is one of the first portable chargers to utilize USB-C input and output. A reversible, high-power connection that recharges the 2015 MacBook and other USB-C devices up to 5V/3A."

I wouldn't expect fast or even positive net charging, but something to extend me an hour or two on the go would be awesome. Either way, I would LOVE this ability in a SP5; would be a game changer for my portability to use my battery back on the go.

check item 6: Top 10 Must Have Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Accessories

and this: https://www.amazon.com/Qi-infinity-Upgraded-Powerbank-Surface-MacBook/dp/B0183UJ2SY

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers