Videos won't play from disk, youtube, FB, different browsers,...

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
So here's the thing. I have an issue since forever. Device: SP4, i5, 8GB, 256GB.

I turn on my Surface, try to play any video, offline or online in any browser, and it just keeps on loading, but never plays. Flash is enabled, I'm not on insider, but have the last AU, everything updated, drivers too. The only thing I can try is restart my PC, and hopefully everything works then, if not, I just keep on restarting until it does. It will then work just fine until the next restart.

Anyone else having this issues or has a possible solution for me as this is becoming more and more frustrating... Something other than reset please.

Thank you

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
So here's the thing. I have an issue since forever. Device: SP4, i5, 8GB, 256GB.

I turn on my Surface, try to play any video, offline or online in any browser, and it just keeps on loading, but never plays. Flash is enabled, I'm not on insider, but have the last AU, everything updated, drivers too. The only thing I can try is restart my PC, and hopefully everything works then, if not, I just keep on restarting until it does. It will then work just fine until the next restart.

Anyone else having this issues or has a possible solution for me as this is becoming more and more frustrating... Something other than reset please.

Thank you

Seems a codec iussue. Search, downlaod and install the K-Lite Megapack codec full, select the advanced installation and UNSELECT all extra players and options it might ask to install. Then reboot

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Seems a codec iussue. Search, downlaod and install the K-Lite Megapack codec full, select the advanced installation and UNSELECT all extra players and options it might ask to install. Then reboot

So codecs are still an issue in WIN 10? I automatically thought this is a thing of the past. I'll try that, and report back when fully tested.

K-lite helped me on Win XP so it might do the trick here haha ;)

Thanks

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
So codecs are still an issue in WIN 10? I automatically thought this is a thing of the past. I'll try that, and report back when fully tested.

K-lite helped me on Win XP so it might do the trick here haha ;)

Thanks

I use K-lite since XP on Seven, 8.1 and 10 . But the new app Tv & Movies shows all FullHD/DTS movies without any iussue

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site

Thank you

It sounds like it could be the same issue a small number of us had recently with our SP4's (and also some Surface Book users), caused by the Anniversary Update. When you turn the device on following a full shut down, then videos don't play (you might find sound does not work too, nor the microphone). However, after restarting the device everything functions as it should. A workaround I found on a different site, and has resolved the issue for us, is to turn off fast start up (see screenshot). Hope this workaround helps you until Microsoft issues a fix :smile:

Disable.png

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
A workaround I found on a different site, and has resolved the issue for us, is to turn off fast start up (see screenshot). Hope this workaround helps you until Microsoft issues a fix :smile:

View attachment 130620

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I have turned "Fast shutdown" OFF and will take a few days, maybe weeks to fully test and see if the problem occurs again :) Hope this will fix it tho...

Will report back in case someone else has the same issue :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills