Surface Pro 4 Screen Flicker

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Surface Pro 4 since release. I had the early on screen flicker problem that was solved by disabling Hyper-V.

Microsoft even released a fix for it.

However, for some reason my screen recently started flickering again (like three days ago). And it's very annoying. I tried disabling Hyper-V but that didn't work. It's still flickering.

I don't think it's a hardware issue because if I have a full screen application open like Dota 2 for example, the game plays fine without any flickering.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

tonyk79

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I had this with mine, I updated to the anniversary edition and firmware and it still happened, as a last resort I changed the scaling in screen resolution to 100% and that cured it, now got it bumped up to 150% and it's still ok. Maybe worth a shot for you.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I had this with mine, I updated to the anniversary edition and firmware and it still happened, as a last resort I changed the scaling in screen resolution to 100% and that cured it, now got it bumped up to 150% and it's still ok. Maybe worth a shot for you.

Couple days ago it just stopped for it self. Seems to be fine since then.

So strange.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This is still happening.

I'm attributing this to heat. I think when the surface pro heats up it causes this. I'm not sure if its something that can be fixed with a firmware/software update because it only started happening after one of the cumulative windows 10 updates post 14393.

I just can't remember which one.

Mad Cow MCD

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
Its happening to me too. Since the anniversary update installed last week on mine. Lower portion of the screen only, bottom 1/5 of the screen i'd say. Task bar is jumping up and down. Annoying the hell out of me.

It starts for me as soon as I turn on the laptop and pull up a window. Heat isn't the issue on mine.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Its happening to me too. Since the anniversary update installed last week on mine. Lower portion of the screen only, bottom 1/5 of the screen i'd say. Task bar is jumping up and down. Annoying the hell out of me.

It starts for me as soon as I turn on the laptop and pull up a window. Heat isn't the issue on mine.

Great. At least I'm not alone. I'm starting to doubt it's head as well too. It just happened to me again and I was not doing anything extensive on the surface.

It definitely can be a software/firmware issue that I hope Microsoft will address

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

BTW, u said laptop. Do you mean sp4 or are you talking about a laptop laptop.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

BTW, u said laptop. Do you mean sp4 or are you talking about a laptop laptop.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried uninstalling video drivers but that didn't work.'

I noticed it also happens more when an external monitor is plugged in.

Today I even saw it happening during the surface boot screen. so now I'm starting to think it's a firmware issue.

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Is the device always doing this, everywhere? I am asking because it could be some interference with some other device on specific location.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb