08-14-2017 12:58 PM
32 12
tools
    I've had my Surface Pro 4 since release. I had the early on screen flicker problem that was solved by disabling Hyper-V.

Microsoft even released a fix for it.

However, for some reason my screen recently started flickering again (like three days ago). And it's very annoying. I tried disabling Hyper-V but that didn't work. It's still flickering.

I don't think it's a hardware issue because if I have a full screen application open like Dota 2 for example, the game plays fine without any flickering.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    09-22-2016 03:09 PM
    bumppp
    09-22-2016 11:06 PM
    to the top!
    09-23-2016 03:19 PM
    I had this with mine, I updated to the anniversary edition and firmware and it still happened, as a last resort I changed the scaling in screen resolution to 100% and that cured it, now got it bumped up to 150% and it's still ok. Maybe worth a shot for you.
    09-25-2016 11:41 AM
    I had this with mine, I updated to the anniversary edition and firmware and it still happened, as a last resort I changed the scaling in screen resolution to 100% and that cured it, now got it bumped up to 150% and it's still ok. Maybe worth a shot for you.
    Couple days ago it just stopped for it self. Seems to be fine since then.

So strange.
    09-27-2016 12:38 PM
    This is still happening.

I'm attributing this to heat. I think when the surface pro heats up it causes this. I'm not sure if its something that can be fixed with a firmware/software update because it only started happening after one of the cumulative windows 10 updates post 14393.

I just can't remember which one.
    10-12-2016 04:36 AM
    Its happening to me too. Since the anniversary update installed last week on mine. Lower portion of the screen only, bottom 1/5 of the screen i'd say. Task bar is jumping up and down. Annoying the hell out of me.

It starts for me as soon as I turn on the laptop and pull up a window. Heat isn't the issue on mine.
    10-12-2016 08:03 PM
    Its happening to me too. Since the anniversary update installed last week on mine. Lower portion of the screen only, bottom 1/5 of the screen i'd say. Task bar is jumping up and down. Annoying the hell out of me.

It starts for me as soon as I turn on the laptop and pull up a window. Heat isn't the issue on mine.
    Great. At least I'm not alone. I'm starting to doubt it's head as well too. It just happened to me again and I was not doing anything extensive on the surface.

It definitely can be a software/firmware issue that I hope Microsoft will address
    10-13-2016 02:50 AM

BTW, u said laptop. Do you mean sp4 or are you talking about a laptop laptop.
    10-13-2016 02:52 AM

BTW, u said laptop. Do you mean sp4 or are you talking about a laptop laptop.
    10-13-2016 02:53 AM
    Since updating to 14393.321 it has definitely gotten worse.
    10-13-2016 08:48 PM
    This is what it looks like

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjGXVzekDHBblPl5krAvMXOFhM9yOQ
    10-14-2016 11:48 PM
    This is what it looks like

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjGXVzekDHBblPl5krAvMXOFhM9yOQ
    10-14-2016 11:48 PM
    I tried uninstalling video drivers but that didn't work.'

I noticed it also happens more when an external monitor is plugged in.

Today I even saw it happening during the surface boot screen. so now I'm starting to think it's a firmware issue.
    10-15-2016 06:08 AM
    This is soooooooo irritating.
    10-16-2016 06:41 PM
    I've realized that it does not happen when I have the task manager open and set to "always on top"
    10-17-2016 07:08 PM
    I don't know why, but my SP4 does not have the flicker issue
    ttsoldier likes this.
    10-17-2016 07:33 PM
    I am THIS close to reinstalling windows
    10-20-2016 08:36 AM
    Is the device always doing this, everywhere? I am asking because it could be some interference with some other device on specific location.
    10-22-2016 02:46 PM
    Is the device always doing this, everywhere? I am asking because it could be some interference with some other device on specific location.
    All over
    10-24-2016 12:02 AM
    Then it's probably HW problem in my opinion..
    10-26-2016 02:49 PM
    I have not noticed it since updating to .351
    11-04-2016 11:16 PM
    Same flicker here.

My SP4 will flicker on the bottom third at certain times (seems to make a ghost image of the middle third and write it to the bottom third). Won't flicker if the mouse is moving or something happening on the screen. If I stop the mouse and count to 5 or so the flicker comes back. Doesn't happen all the time so I am thinking heat related. I am going to try removing my procase cover for a few days to see if that makes a difference.
    11-07-2016 04:04 PM
    Same flicker here.

My SP4 will flicker on the bottom third at certain times (seems to make a ghost image of the middle third and write it to the bottom third). Won't flicker if the mouse is moving or something happening on the screen. If I stop the mouse and count to 5 or so the flicker comes back. Doesn't happen all the time so I am thinking heat related. I am going to try removing my procase cover for a few days to see if that makes a difference.
    Have you tried updating to .351? As I mentioned above, since updating to .351, I have not noticed the flicker
    11-07-2016 05:01 PM
    I've had my Surface Pro 4 since release. I had the early on screen flicker problem that was solved by disabling Hyper-V.

Microsoft even released a fix for it.

However, for some reason my screen recently started flickering again (like three days ago). And it's very annoying. I tried disabling Hyper-V but that didn't work. It's still flickering.

I don't think it's a hardware issue because if I have a full screen application open like Dota 2 for example, the game plays fine without any flickering.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Happened to mine. The issue is actually quite common and is due to chances in brightness. The device is faulty and its better if you could return/replace it.

I returned mine after that for a full refund because I didn't want to deal with it again. Wanted to go back to Mac but the portability and size of surface pro 4 are the best so still trying to make decisions.
    11-09-2016 03:23 PM
32 12