I purchased my surface pro 4 back in june of this year, and at first was very impressed it is exactly what I wanted in a tablet/laptop setup. I should say I bought the intel m3 model because it was in my price range. I have had a few issues with this being unresponsive at times and the touch screen being a little irritating, like not responding to my touches and acting like it is out of calibration. Yes I have calibrated it. I considered getting rid of it because it seemed like the performance wasn't living up to the price, but I don't have that option so I am stuck with it. I know that running windows there are tons of options with software and changes to make that can improve the machine, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what I can do to make the most out of my surface. I want to love it again.
    10-03-2016 09:59 PM
    I purchased my surface pro 4 back in june of this year, and at first was very impressed it is exactly what I wanted in a tablet/laptop setup. I should say I bought the intel m3 model because it was in my price range. I have had a few issues with this being unresponsive at times and the touch screen being a little irritating, like not responding to my touches and acting like it is out of calibration. Yes I have calibrated it. I considered getting rid of it because it seemed like the performance wasn't living up to the price, but I don't have that option so I am stuck with it. I know that running windows there are tons of options with software and changes to make that can improve the machine, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what I can do to make the most out of my surface. I want to love it again.
    First of all surely a antimalware scan even with a free product can hel a lot after months of use, you'll find a lot of little things. I suggest Adwcleaner.
    Then you need surely a check in in the autostart app list: not all are needed, and maybe during use you installed other else (like browser buttons, Asks... even if not wanted, they are ad-part of other apps installation)

I suggest you AVG PC Tuneup utilities, that's a software pack for cleaning and tuning every machine, even in automatic if you want to learn first.

Every pc needs care after intensive use
    10-04-2016 02:46 AM
    have you been checking for OS and app updates on a regular basis?
    You can also try doing disk cleanup using the disk cleanup tool
    Disabling some apps from running in the background if you don't need them
    10-04-2016 05:39 AM