Transformer 3 Pro

drmodify

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Yeah its an awesome one!! According to the reviews the fan spins so much and there is considerable lag in the pen when drawing.. and update must fix that soon

jo-pa

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Not sure what the specs are in this thing but I believe one model has an I7 plus a good deal of Ram. Anytime you have this type of configuration you'll pay the price for performance over battery life. One positive about this machine are its ports.

Cane Prevost

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Battery life is supposedly half of what you get with the Surface Pro 4. The Surface Pro 4's battery life is already marginal. This is likely a plug it in full time machine which negates the portability. They didn't get the power vs battery compromise right I fear.

twe90kid

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Dont' be fooled by the Costco version.
Yes it was on sale last week for -$200 less than retail. But the problem with that is, Costco's version is hugely specced down.
Instead of giving consumers the MVNe PCIe SSD on the 512gb storage, they included older technology, which is SATA3. Many might not know the difference between the two, but basically it largely translate to 3x the read and write speed. I bought the version and tested it myself. SATA3 reads at around 550Mb/s and writes at around 350Mb/s. For MVNe PCIe drives, your suppose to see 1500Mb/s reads and 1100Mb/s writes. The difference can largely been see when your transfering large files. May also reflect when your booting the computer as well. So yes, you pick if you want old tech and spend less, or get the real deal.

BTW, keep in mind that the SP4 does come with MVNe PCIe ssd.

jo-pa

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Dont' be fooled by the Costco version.
Yes it was on sale last week for -$200 less than retail. But the problem with that is, Costco's version is hugely specced down.
Instead of giving consumers the MVNe PCIe SSD on the 512gb storage, they included older technology, which is SATA3. Many might not know the difference between the two, but basically it largely translate to 3x the read and write speed. I bought the version and tested it myself. SATA3 reads at around 550Mb/s and writes at around 350Mb/s. For MVNe PCIe drives, your suppose to see 1500Mb/s reads and 1100Mb/s writes. The difference can largely been see when your transfering large files. May also reflect when your booting the computer as well. So yes, you pick if you want old tech and spend less, or get the real deal.

BTW, keep in mind that the SP4 does come with MVNe PCIe ssd.

Just wanted to see what your thoughts were on this machine? Ive heard both good and bad on it but it does look very interesting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss