Why my brand new surface pro 4 I bought on Black Friday randomly went to blue screen of death(BSOD)

jetq88

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
My brand new surface pro 4 I bought on Black Friday randomly went to blue screen of death, I just used it in two days, windows update to the latest, didn't install any software, just click around, surface pen around, or open edge to play youtube for a while, sometimes just by sit there doing nothing, it could go to BSOD and give some stop error code then restart, every time the stop error could be different, one is*APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, one is system service and some others, can't remember all of them.*

one night of about 3-4 hours usage, I saw 3-4 times of BSOD, very frustrating, anybody experience this problem? anybody know of any solution to fix it?

anon(5604227)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, contact with the vendor and change for a new one. SP4 is a little bit crappy, but not so much.

You can try a full refresh, but I think your best option is to swap for a new one.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
what I would do is refresh it to factory state and then fully update. note that the Surface Pro 4 (fresh out of box) contains a very ancient version of Windows 10. Microsoft has not refreshed the image. You need to do many gigabytes of updates for it to be up-to-date (yes, Microsoft needs to make the process more consumer-friendly). Note any updates that don't install properly and reinstall those updates if necessary. Frequent reboots may be required.

For many PCs, the Anniversary Update will not automatically trigger or will not show up when you click "Check for Updates". You may have to manually update. The anniversary version is version 1607 (OS build 10.0.14393).

You can check what version you have by hitting the START button and typing "winver" (without the quotation marks) and hitting ENTER.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss