New Surface Pro 4 with ghost touch input issue

Rodrigrd56

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread but I recently purchased a Surface Pro 4 for Cyber Monday and I have an issue when the keyboard cover is attached and I'm using it. When I'm scrolling or typing, the screen detects a random touch and moves the mouse cursor randomly. Everything else seems to be fine except for this really annoying bug. I have the latest driver updates and don't have the pen attached to the screen so I was wondering if it's just a software issue or a hardware issue. Anyone else had this issue?

teddystiles

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I had the exact same problem, actually. For me, the tap was always in the exact same spot, because I could actually see the "rings" as if it had been tapped with a finger. It was random in the sense that it happened every few minutes, or every few seconds, but it was always in the same place. I would even open Minesweeper full screen and after a few seconds it would "make the first move" by itself, always by tapping the same square.

Ultimately, resetting the thing did nothing, and I assumed it was a defect in the screen. Back it went. That was only one of...four returns.

Rodrigrd56

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Damn, that's exactly what's going on with mine. Like you said it's random in terms of time but it hits the same exact spot. Welp, I still have time to return it so hopefully another one doesn't have this issue.

6Kings

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with my brand new SP4. Had to send back. Got a new one and now have issues with screen freezing up. My SP3 keeps working just fine.

alexd88

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
my screen also freeze only when i am on battery. this is from the driver because before the videocard driver update i didn t have this isue. i hope they will solve it. i did a clean instalation of the windows but the problem is still there. not so obvious but is there.

alexd88

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Sketch.jpg
6Kings instal the last intel drivers and change here to performance and you will not have problems with freezing. after that you can try going back to balance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb